Thread: The nitride barrels in Midwest Ind. Uppers?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The nitride barrels in Midwest Ind. Uppers?

Was looking around at their complete uppers and and they have options with FN bfh barrels, criterion chrome lined lightweight, and Nitrided in 223 Wylde.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...tegory_ID=2566

I really like 223 Wylde so the only precaution i see is it just appears to be a generic barrel, whereas the other two are branded

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Call/email them and ask for the specs of the barrel if you want to know and they do not provide them in either the built upper specs or individual barrel specs (which they do not seem to do from my half-arsed 5second attempt at a search).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Call/email them and ask for the specs of the barrel if you want to know.
    I agree. Most companies will be happy to share anything that doesn't involve proprietary info or is otherwise limited by a NDA. I bought a pistol upper, minus the BCG and CH, from a lesser known online retailer recently and called them a few times before buying. The price just seemed a little too good to be true. The barrel in my pistol upper also only listed that it was nitrided and a 1:7. I called to ask about the material. Not only did I find out it was 4150, but also was made by FN. I know you're dealing with a different retailer, but fact that it's Nitride treated and they already use FN barrels makes me think there is a chance it's also FN made; given my recent purchase that was eerily similar.

Either way, it won't hurt to give them a call. Just be patient, as I know most places are pretty swamped with new orders right now.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    FN and Criterion, two top choices, and I'd lean towards criterion, one better?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don't shy away from nitride. 100 to 1 odds your never know the difference except for possibly increased accuracy.