Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CZ 805 Bren Carbine Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    THANK YOU! My old eyeballs did NOT deceive me!

I figure running a 1/3 co-witness will be more appropriate - NOT that you use a red dot WITH sights, but as an HK/PTR owner... and FORMER FAL owner... I'm well-versed in HIGH mounted optics, and prefer them as low as possible.

I'd hafta Form 1 the pistol for an ACR stock... but I'll be THINKING about it, I'm sure!
    I’ve got a 16” gun. But I’m thinking it would work better with the 14” or 11” barrels. It strings when the barrel gets hot and I can’t help but think a short barrel would be stiffer. I did have a Steiner P4xi on it and it worked great in an American defense SL height Mount. But, given the stringing. I put an red dot on it and moved the 4x optic to a rifle without that issue. Still a great rifle. And FAL type precision, maybe better... I’m tempted to file paperwork and get a short barrel. But, thinking I’d rather snag a Bren 2 with an 11” barrel.

I’m not sure the cheekweld afforded by the various braces. It may be better than the cz stock. I had the same issue sight height issue with my apc 223 from B&T.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This thread is still going strong

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

GOT mine.

Brace is in. More interesting "accoutrement" to follow.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    That looks good! It seems like the prices on these have come down everywhere, to the point it's tempting to pick one up. I really want a Bren 2 MS, and really need to wait though... Fingers are still crossed that the Bren 2 BR will land in the US for civilians eventually.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    That looks good! It seems like the prices on these have come down everywhere, to the point it's tempting to pick one up.
    They may be coming down, but the accoutrements are drying UP. I've ordered KNS M-Lok side rails for it from 2 sources this week - & I can't get a shipping date from EITHER. I think when current stocks of these things dry up, that's gonna be that.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    A lot of people have been buying them. So I could see supplies running down. CZ will still support it. But aftermarket stuff will probably get scarce as orders slow down.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

Partly because I have a new photo hosting site, and I wanna see how this displays, and partly because I wanna show off (custom Vickers sling doesn't arrive for another week & a half), here's what mine looks like so far.

Feedback Score
    I actually have the Bren 2 S in 5.56 with the 11.5" barrel. I took it out 3 times and not really in love with it as much I had hoped. I am selling it to get the APC Pro instead. I have more than enough ar platforms so the Bren did not really do it for me. Plus I still want a SCAR instead anyway. It does shoot smooth though and is very light!

Feedback Score
    What was it you didn’t like about the Bren 2?

I have an apc223 in 16” and the Bren 805 in 16”. I like them both but do give the nod to the apc. The trigger is better on the apc and the heavy barrel doesn’t string as much as the pencil barrel 805. In what is still a lighter gun. Which is why I’m leaning towards a shorter barrel Bren 2. The want is still strong with that Bren 2.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678