Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR556C at 10,000 Rounds. A Photo Essay.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great thread. I'm very interested if there is any accuracy degradation from what you saw out of the box. I'm optimistic!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is another bore scope video. This is the barrel's crown. It actually looks quite good. Note the step where the barrel ends and the integral flash hider begins.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would you buy another one ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Would you buy another one ?
    Yes although this particular model, the SR556C, has been discontinued.

Current production SR's have a KeyMod forend and a lighter profile barrel. In addition Ruger is now using a quick detach barrel system that's similar to what Steyr did with the AUG.

Ruger calls this model the SR556 Takedown. With the upper and lower separated and the barrel off the gun fits in the same bag as the 10/22 Takedown. Ruger is also selling a 300BLK conversion that includes the barrel, gas block/piston assembly and a couple magazines.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Great write-up, OP. Happy to see many different brands/types of rifles put through their paces and seeing the subsequent results.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So the crown looks.... not terrible.

I have not figured out yet how to get a camera on the bore scope, guess I need to check into attachments.

Seems like a little stippling on the crown....?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    So the crown looks.... not terrible.

I have not figured out yet how to get a camera on the bore scope, guess I need to check into attachments.

Seems like a little stippling on the crown....?
    I've got some rounds on target now. I shot this Ruger and another DI gun with a Ballistic Advantage pencil barrel side by side this morning with the same ammo. I'll post those pics here shortly.

Jim has a little attachment for the bore scope that allows him to take pictures or videos. It is pretty amazing to see what the inside of the barrel actually looks like.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I've got some rounds on target now. I shot this Ruger and another DI gun with a Ballistic Advantage pencil barrel side by side this morning with the same ammo. I'll post those pics here shortly.

Jim has a little attachment for the bore scope that allows him to take pictures or videos. It is pretty amazing to see what the inside of the barrel actually looks like.
    I am still trying to learn how to interpret everything I see through it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I am still trying to learn how to interpret everything I see through it.
    No argument there.

I need to get the scope and a few other barrels and take some more photos to post. I saw a few small bumps and imperfections in a few barrels that weren't anywhere near this barrel's round count.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Whoa !!! The SR556 takedown is something I might have to get. Considering the state of defensive preparedness in this country.
    It makes sense to have one of these or a AUG broke down and stored in a discrete case. The truck gun concept is evolving.
    As it is now there are several companies manufacturing cases that resemble racquetball/tennis cases and I am sure that
    more will follow.
    A rifle capable of staying on a 10" plate @ 250yds in the trunk or under the back seat of your vehicle would be a must have for the
    prepared.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast