Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIMARY ARMS 1-8 SFP..... First budget 1-8??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PRIMARY ARMS 1-8 SFP..... First budget 1-8??

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa1-8x24s...sfp-acss-5.56/

I got alerted to this new optic from PA's YouTube channel, where they have a brief run down on the features. I don't have experience with THIS model of their optics, but if the glass is as good as it is in my 4x prism from them it looks like an amazing optic on the specs sheet.

- 1-8 SFP
    - good 1x
    - 16 ounces
    - amazing reticle
    - daylight bright battery powered illumination
    - sub $400

I have been using the ACSS reticle for almost two years now, and couldn't imagine using anything else. It took less than 10 minutes to learn the range estimation part of it and it works really well.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    bdc with a 2nd focal?

You would have to run it at max most of the time.

Minute of man type deal I guess?

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Huh. Interesting...I would guess that means Vortex will coincidentally have a 1-8x Strike Eagle on the market soon, too?

I'm pretty in love with my Razor HD II 1-6, which is off topic and a lot more expensive, but that's my bar for quality 1-x optics right now, not the PA branded 1-6.

I'd like to take a peek through one of these though, see if I like it better than the Strike Eagle/PA 1-6.
    Last edited by KingsideRook; 07-09-16 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    I'm intrigued by this too, but I'm concerned how the eye box will be at 8x through a 24mm tube.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by klawson View Post
    I'm intrigued by this too, but I'm concerned how the eye box will be at 8x through a 24mm tube.
    I believe it has a 30mm Tube and 24mm objective. I am actually in the process of selling some other optics right now, to be one of the first testers for this 1-8. I'll report back if I end up getting my hands on one.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I have their 1x6. I really like the reticle. Not much of an eye box though, especially turned up.

Feedback Score
    I got mine today, my first scope so I don't know how good or bad it is.

Quick Thoughts
    Pro:
    1. Chevron reticle is nice, definitely easy to pick up
    2. Light, 16oz

Con:
    1. Need a precise cheek weld, or else it's easy to get distorted sight picture; I guess this means the eyebox isn't as forgiving.
    2. 1x is more like 1.1 or 1.2
    3. Very slight edge blur and fisheye effect--barely noticeable. This is not something one would pick up when running and gunning as it's minor; I only notice it after taking several close examinations.

Overall, I believe this scope will sell well as it's the only 1-8 that doesn't $1300+ , and it's great for Home Defense guns that do occasional longer range shooting.
    Last edited by yrch21; 07-13-16 at 02:34.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you have access to some much better glass to compare it to side by side?

Also, on the cheek weld, is that at 8x only or at 1x also?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Do you have access to some much better glass to compare it to side by side?

Also, on the cheek weld, is that at 8x only or at 1x also?
    No, sir, don't have access to other scopes. I'm tempted to order a PA 1-8 FFP just so I can do a comparison and keep the one that make sense for my intended usage.
    Regarding the cheek weld, I felt it at 1x, and of course it's more pronounced at 8x.

However, your mileage may vary, as I'm just a novice coming from Aimpoint H-1

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow. That is a serious price advantage. When I get back from vacation this may be on the buy list to top off my latest build.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast