Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    Just for an update, we dont have to print on one page, both sides?
    And for the manufactures info on the receiver, should i put exactly what is engraved on my lower?
    Cause Ive seen people get approved with just
    Colt, United States.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    And for the caliber designation, I am doing a 9mm sbr build. Would I put 9mm in that box?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    Just for an update, we dont have to print on one page, both sides?
    And for the manufactures info on the receiver, should i put exactly what is engraved on my lower?
    Cause Ive seen people get approved with just
    Colt, United States.
    No longer required to print double-sided.
    On paper forms, I've always submitted exactly what was engraved. EForms was a different beast in that regards, as they had manufacturer info built into the system (which was generally just mfr name and country).

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    And for the caliber designation, I am doing a 9mm sbr build. Would I put 9mm in that box?
    9 or 9mm works fine. Probably even take 9x19. EForms was where you had to be more careful in the caliber formatting.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 06-25-17 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I'm going to SBR a pistol (such as an SG553) and later add a buttstock, do I put the overall length of the pistol configuration or overall length with the not-yet-acquired buttstock?

Seems to me it would be the overall length of the pistol config, but I read somewhere that I should estimate the overall length with the buttstock attached?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    If I'm going to SBR a pistol (such as an SG553) and later add a buttstock, do I put the overall length of the pistol configuration or overall length with the not-yet-acquired buttstock?

Seems to me it would be the overall length of the pistol config, but I read somewhere that I should estimate the overall length with the buttstock attached?
    The pistol config isn't an NFA firearm, so there's no reason to include that measurement.

Overall length needs to be the length with the stock attached and fully extended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    The pistol config isn't an NFA firearm, so there's no reason to include that measurement.

Overall length needs to be the length with the stock attached and fully extended.

Okay, if that's what is required.

But it seems to me one has to have possession of the stock to know how long it will be with the stock attached and extended, even as an estimate. Especially in that case of Swiss Sigs given the difficulty of even getting my desired stock. I might have to go with a second or even a third choice if I can't get the one I really want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    But it seems to me one has to have possession of the stock to know how long it will be with the stock attached and extended, even as an estimate.
    Your observation is exactly right. You need the butt stock in order to measure accurately, but can't possess it until you have the stamp. Based on going through this many times, I'd advise you not to use manufacturer supplied dimensions. Instead, rely on others who can measure the same rifle already configured as your rifle is

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Your observation is exactly right. You need the butt stock in order to measure accurately, but can't possess it until you have the stamp. Based on going through this many times, I'd advise you not to use manufacturer supplied dimensions. Instead, rely on others who can measure the same rifle already configured as your rifle is

Okay, thank you.

Feedback Score
    Im going to Form 1 my Colt 9mm Ar15, what should i put on the model number?
    Should it be
    AR-15 9MM Carbine
    or just
    AR-15
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    I'm going to guess just "AR-15". However, I understand that they're being more particular now. The Form 4 for my 6933 says the model is "AR-15". However, that's not on the rifle at all. It's actually designated "M4LE" on the top line and then "Colts Law" on the next line and then "Enforcement" below that. It was approved several years ago, so I guess that it really doesn't matter.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast