Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    Slight confusion here on my end, but to confirm, you say that the .23 personal questionnaire is NOT needed if buying as an individual?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 68whiskeyncoke View Post
    Slight confusion here on my end, but to confirm, you say that the .23 personal questionnaire is NOT needed if buying as an individual?
    Correct.

Responsible Person is a term used with applicants that are "other than an individual"...so individuals don't need to fill out the RPQ. You'll answer the same questions on the F1/F4 itself, while RPs will skip them on the form and answer them on the 5320.23 instead.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 09-07-16 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now that e-file is no longer allowed, and correcting incorrect submissions is no longer as easy as e-mailing control numbers to Mr. Clutter, what happens if you are denied due to, for example, listing the caliber as 5.56 x 45 mm rather than 5.56MM?

Do you have to start all over or is there a way to save your spot in line? I heard ATF sent you a letter offering to allow you to submit corrected forms but haven't been able to confirm this anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Now that e-file is no longer allowed, and correcting incorrect submissions is no longer as easy as e-mailing control numbers to Mr. Clutter, what happens if you are denied due to, for example, listing the caliber as 5.56 x 45 mm rather than 5.56MM?

Do you have to start all over or is there a way to save your spot in line? I heard ATF sent you a letter offering to allow you to submit corrected forms but haven't been able to confirm this anywhere.
    Sometimes they send error letters, sometimes they don't. If you get one, you have 30 days to respond to save your spot in line. I've gotten error letters before and the forms get approved within 2-3 days of when they get them back.

The caliber issues were more an eForms issue than the examiners rejecting them. More things are accetable with paper forms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Sometimes they send error letters, sometimes they don't. If you get one, you have 30 days to respond to save your spot in line. I've gotten error letters before and the forms get approved within 2-3 days of when they get them back.

The caliber issues were more an eForms issue than the examiners rejecting them. More things are accetable with paper forms.

Thank you....that's good to know.

One last question. Are you saying that if they don't send an error letter, they let the mistake slide? Or are you saying they may not send an error letter and will just reject the application?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Thank you....that's good to know.

One last question. Are you saying that if they don't send an error letter, they let the mistake slide? Or are you saying they may not send an error letter and will just reject the application?
    One of three things:
    1. It's not really an error, so nothing happens
    2. It's an error and they'll send the transferor an error letter (and sometimes they send a courtesy copy to the transferee), giving you 30 days to correct it
    3. It's an error and they send it back Returned Without Action, and you start over

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got it. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's a question for a F1 - question 4a:

The new directions say to list the address and name of the manufacturer and/or the importer of the firearm.
    If the manufacturer is in a foreign country, do I list both like this

Manufacturer X, Country X
    Importer X, Springfield, Virginia

Also on 4c can I put "9mm" or do I have to put "9" ?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Ok been reading this trying to find an answer but not sure of this one. I am filling out a Form 1 under a trust. I have the entire form filled out. I have the ATF copy, CLEO copy and the copy to be returned to be finished. I have a responsible person form filled out for everyone on the trust with photo of everyone attached. Do I need to send in 1 or 2 copies of that responsible person form with pictures? I have two fingerprint cards for everyone but only 1 responsible person card and photo right now.

Once I get this I can send in the package. Thank You.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Here's a question for a F1 - question 4a:

The new directions say to list the address and name of the manufacturer and/or the importer of the firearm.
    If the manufacturer is in a foreign country, do I list both like this

Manufacturer X, Country X
    Importer X, Springfield, Virginia

Also on 4c can I put "9mm" or do I have to put "9" ?
    I've always listed what's engraved for manufacturer/importer.

On a paper form, they'll probably take either. But, no reason to not just put "9".

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast