Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muzzle Brake That Doesn't Knock Out People's Fillings

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Unfortunately there is no "free lunch"; a truly effective compensator is effective because it redirects gasses (usually to sides/up) to mitigate recoil/muzzle hop.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Unfortunately there is no "free lunch"; a truly effective compensator is effective because it redirects gasses (usually to sides/up) to mitigate recoil/muzzle hop.
    Well you can get both an effective brake and not crazy noise if you increase mass and volume by a lot.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Well you can get both an effective brake and not crazy noise if you increase mass and volume by a lot.
    I'll take your word for it.
    Realistically- for the average shooter using m193/m855 and not reloading- this is a non issue.

I have BCM mod "O" comps on my "may need to shoot this indoors" and hunting carbines. They do help with muzzle rise and recoil- some. They are not horrifically loud.

The most effective comp I've used (and do use on "game/range" guns) is Precision Armaments "M4-72 Severe-Duty" compensator.
    I can see the hit downrange on target at 100 yds. with this one, but the level of sideblast is SEVERE as well.
    Their .30 cal brake (which is the same as the 5.56 unit) is worse yet for blast but is exteremly effective.
    Last edited by gaijin; 07-25-16 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All my rifles inc the 338 that being built have APA brakes on them. Both of my 6.5 have Little Bastards on them, like others have mentioned it great for being able to see your bullet impact. If there are people shooting I will try and leave a space or two between us. If someone sit next to me and there are empty benches, I will mention to them it might be load shooting next me, so they have a chance to move before they set up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one of these on my Ruger Gunsite Scout - it's a 7 pound rifle and I still find it comfortable to put a couple hundred rounds through in a day.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod86704.aspx

In my books, it's about one-half to one-third of a muzzle brake. It does help with recoil, but is not punishing for those adjacent to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12