Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO Forum question

Feedback Score

LEO Forum question

What do I have to do to get into the LEO forum. I have been an officer for 13years and would like to get into the forum.

Thanks

J-

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc155 View Post
    What do I have to do to get into the LEO forum. I have been an officer for 13years and would like to get into the forum.

Thanks

J-
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9970
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the fast reply.

J-

Feedback Score
    Can I mail the stuff? We don't have access to scanners at work.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Try taking a pic with a digital camera... That seems to work well...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

badboy522 Guest

Missing out on good cops...

After looking over the above list of items required to enter the LEO chat forum, it seem like alot of information to send to some you don't know... The only thing I see as a problem is the department letter head.. Most agencies require approval from a supervisor in order to use department letter head stationary... I just have a problem asking my Sgt. for a letter head to join a chat site... Something tells me he would not agree to so much sensitive information being sent over the net.

Well it was a good thought while it lasted...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy522 View Post
    After looking over the above list of items required to enter the LEO chat forum, it seem like alot of information to send to some you don't know... The only thing I see as a problem is the department letter head.. Most agencies require approval from a supervisor in order to use department letter head stationary... I just have a problem asking my Sgt. for a letter head to join a chat site... Something tells me he would not agree to so much sensitive information being sent over the net.

My sentiments exactly. I don't think sending copies of credentials over the net is a very good idea.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy522 View Post

The person you are sending them to is a fellow cop (FYI).

I get credentials faxed and e-mailed to me everyday. Nothing strange about that in the least.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 12-24-08 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    Grant, No offense but there has to be a better way. Could you maybe confirm through a phone call to the dept? Using the officer in questions badge# and seniority ranking or such to verify? Police one did that for me. I would really love to join but my dept is strick on the letter head thing and my supervisors would flip out.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IROCZ View Post
    Grant, No offense but there has to be a better way. Could you maybe confirm through a phone call to the dept? Using the officer in questions badge# and seniority ranking or such to verify? Police one did that for me. I would really love to join but my dept is strick on the letter head thing and my supervisors would flip out.

The rules for entry into the LE forum were made by cops on the forum. They setup the guidlines for it.

I would contact USMC03 or Buck about your concerns.

C4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast