Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cleaning Your Carry Weapon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I fire the weapon--even a few times--I will field strip and at least clean the chamber with brush and patch(paper towel or scrap cloth)and then wipe off the breech face and wipe off the barrel with whatever cloth is available. Next I'll lightly lube--maybe with a Q-tip--contact points. Before assembly, I'll eyeball the extractor to check for foreign matter, quickly inspect the receiver, put it together and go about my business. It goes without saying that I wiped down the outside to remove finger prints and powder residue. Taking my time, I'll spend no more than 10 minutes. An extended range session dictates thorough cleaning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    If I fire the weapon--even a few times--I will field strip and at least clean the chamber with brush and patch(paper towel or scrap cloth)and then wipe off the breech face and wipe off the barrel with whatever cloth is available. Next I'll lightly lube--maybe with a Q-tip--contact points. Before assembly, I'll eyeball the extractor to check for foreign matter, quickly inspect the receiver, put it together and go about my business. It goes without saying that I wiped down the outside to remove finger prints and powder residue. Taking my time, I'll spend no more than 10 minutes. An extended range session dictates thorough cleaning.
    Im sure All that while watching tv too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    On my handguns, I use a Remmy wipe, give it a once over and try to scrub the feed ramp , place a few drops of oil and rack the slide a few times. Then wipe again. Maybe use a dry paper towel for excess. If I'm super rambunctious , I throw a snake down the pipe.

Every once in a while, you gotta do a full on clean. But not so often for me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Baby powder/talcum powder definitely gets in there...lol. I have been carrying Glocks on and off duty for 13 yrs, they are very reliable and will perform even when a little dry. That being said, wipe it down and check the lube once a week or two and you will be fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I feel like it and get around to it usually or when it appears a lubricant touch up is in order.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345