Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COF aiming point?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you've ever done any simunition training you realize that s!@t happens fast and taking a well aimed head shot under pressure is extremely hard.
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistence, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress" --- John Adams

Feedback Score
    I have mixed feelings on this. For typical CCW, center chest burst with headshot for failure makes sense. It will be fast and reactive and the odds of being in the terrorist active shooter event are longer than the lottery.

Otoh, you should definitely practice going for the head as well, it is a solid fight ender.

I don't have many legal concerns re head shots. I was at the first threat anatomy course at Firearms Academy of Seattle, the concensus of the class as it progressed, fully understanding the anatomy and how long it may take to succumb to even a heart shot, was go for the head off the bat. Marty Hayes who certainly knows something about the legal ramifications of self defense didn't seem to have a problem with that (a good shoot is a good shoot). We weren't considering terrorists or body armor either, but were a group of above average shooters.

I also agree regarding simunition, far too few ever practice realistic FoF, it is an eye opener fo sho!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12