Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Surgeon Scalpel LA in AI AXAICS vs. AI AX-MC .300 System

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Sensei, how are you liking it? How does it shoot? You had time to put rounds down range?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The real question is AX 308 SA or AX-MC .300 if the shooter has no current interest in magnum cartridges given the small price difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Sensei, how are you liking it? How does it shoot? You had time to put rounds down range?
    Sadly, I only have 10 rounds through it. That is because I'm anal as hell about breaking in my precision barrels and the first 10 rounds is a 15 min ritual per round. That and my family life is busy as hell (finishing a 1300 sq ft basement).

So far, the accuracy is on par with my DT SRS and GAP HRT. The Nightforce BEAST is a beast and probably the nicest optic I've ever used considering all the features, glass, reliability, and durability.

By Christmas, I'll have it broken-in and zero'ed at 100 yards.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You made the right choice! There's no comparison between a factory AI and ANY custom action on the market.

$3,000 well spent!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Sadly, I only have 10 rounds through it. That is because I'm anal as hell about breaking in my precision barrels and the first 10 rounds is a 15 min ritual per round. That and my family life is busy as hell (finishing a 1300 sq ft basement).

So far, the accuracy is on par with my DT SRS and GAP HRT. The Nightforce BEAST is a beast and probably the nicest optic I've ever used considering all the features, glass, reliability, and durability.

By Christmas, I'll have it broken-in and zero'ed at 100 yards.
    Take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6S...ature=youtu.be

Also, listen to the Todd Hodnett podcasts on Precision Rifle Media, Precision Rifle Podcast.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    Take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6S...ature=youtu.be

Also, listen to the Todd Hodnett podcasts on Precision Rifle Media, Precision Rifle Podcast.
    Thanks.

I should update this thread. It's now got about 75 rounds down the pipe. As for the exact weight, my scale is broken and my fat ass is in no hurry to replace it. I'm guessing it is close to 25-30 lbs with optics, Atlas Bipod, and full mag. As for accuracy, here is 8 rounds of Federal 190 grain GMM at 100 yards shot from sandbags:

IMG_2519.jpg

It is about 0.5-0.75 MOA with decent factory ammo and a good rest. If I had time to hand load I bet I could squeeze it down to 0.5" consistently.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-12-17 at 20:46.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Thanks.

I should update this thread. It's now got about 75 rounds down the pipe. As for the exact weight, my scale is broken and my fat ass is in no hurry to replace it. I'm guessing it is close to 25-30 lbs with optics, Atlas Bipod, and full mag. As for accuracy, here is 8 rounds of Federal 190 grain GMM at 100 yards shot from sandbags:

IMG_2519.jpg

It is about 0.5-0.75 MOA with decent factory ammo and a good rest. If I had time to hand load I bet I could squeeze it down to 0.5" consistently.
    Sensi,

How has this rifle been treating you? Still Loving it? Still shooting the factory 190s or you get into hand loads? I just ordered a AXMC in 300 Norma magnum, and this will be my first AXMC rifle. Curious to hear your almost 2 year feedback. Assuming you still have the rifle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don’t hold your breath. Sadly, I have not seen him post in more than a few months.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hypno02 View Post
    You made the right choice! There's no comparison between a factory AI and ANY custom action on the market.

$3,000 well spent!
    I know this is 2 years old but for $3000 I could have an MPA in 300 win mag that will shout out of the box sub half MOA at 100 yards. But that money is way spent already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkasangrunt187 View Post
    I know this is 2 years old but for $3000 I could have an MPA in 300 win mag that will shout out of the box sub half MOA at 100 yards. But that money is way spent already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And it will never be an Accuracy International or ever hold the value of one, or be able to be a true MC gun, or run in the adverse conditions as one, or have the backing / support like an AI has by pretty much every LE and military across the globe. So I would spend extra to have an Axmc then another rifle that just groups well at 100. Heck I've seen 400 dollar Walmart sold Remington guns shoot half inch groups with hand loads.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast