Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should I buy a PPQ??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I always use the large blackstraps, I have meat hooks for hands that's the problem haha.

Feedback Score
    I just sold my PPQ M2 9mm and replaced it with a G19 gen4. Why:

Parts cost and availability, particularly going forward. That's all.

I love the PPQ. It's the direction glock should be moving in, but won't. Ergonomics, trigger, looks, materials, fit and finish, are all better than in the Glocks, and reliability is at least on par. Having said that, I dislike paying $35+ for a magazine when I can get a literally bomb proof Pmag GL9 for $14. And each of the PPQ mags rattled badly when fully loaded. I know they're mecgar but I didn't feel like they were durable.

Look, it's pretty likely that we're going to see a Hillary presidency. And therefore a Supreme Court that will move against our self defense rights. I wanted to position myself so that if another 15 rnd mag is never manufactured again, I can still find them used for a reasonable price. The PPQ simply isn't as prolific as the G19. The M2 came out in what, 2011?Its not super popular and it's very young. If they're $35 now, what'll they be when there's no more new ones and there's only x number out there?

By comparison, There's a metric ass ton of G19 mags out there, going back 2 decades +! And at $14 a pop for the Magpul ones, I can stock up now. Same thing with spare parts. If I want a spare RSA for a glock, anyone will sell me one. With the PPQ I am forced to go to Walther itself or Earl? And get charged how much for a damn spring? Why in the shit doesn't Walther distribute to places like brownells?

Rare things are expensive, and nothing is less rare in America than a G19. So as a weapon system to put training and time and money into, I have to stick with the standard bearer, even if the PPQ is arguably superior. I'll miss it! I already miss having front slide serrations.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Those are all valid points. I have no intention of investing in the PPQ. I'm too deeply invested in Glock, been shooting and buying Glocks since the late 90's. I have more Glock mags and spare parts than I will ever need in my lifetime. That being said it just gets boring shooting the same platform all the time which is why I picked up a PPQ.

Feedback Score
    I've a few handguns on my 'to buy' list, and the PPQ is at or near the top, right along with the Cz P-07.

Every time I handle or shoot one, I think 'god damn, I should buy one.' Then, I get home, clean my Glock 19 (or, don't), and look up the prices of the other handguns. I've even had them in my checkout cart a few times. Then, I think, 'how much 9mm could I buy with that money?' And then, I either close it all down or I buy a bunch of 9mm with that money.

Discipline sucks sometimes, but I am not in a place in my life where I have money laying around for whatever whatever. I have to make choices. And as much as I really enjoy the PPQ, and can see it as a superior design in many ways, I know that my time and money is better spent shooting and training than on another tool for the sake of collecting.

It's definitely a 'some day' gun, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I've a few handguns on my 'to buy' list, and the PPQ is at or near the top, right along with the Cz P-07.

Every time I handle or shoot one, I think 'god damn, I should buy one.' Then, I get home, clean my Glock 19 (or, don't), and look up the prices of the other handguns. I've even had them in my checkout cart a few times. Then, I think, 'how much 9mm could I buy with that money?' And then, I either close it all down or I buy a bunch of 9mm with that money.

Discipline sucks sometimes, but I am not in a place in my life where I have money laying around for whatever whatever. I have to make choices. And as much as I really enjoy the PPQ, and can see it as a superior design in many ways, I know that my time and money is better spent shooting and training than on another tool for the sake of collecting.

It's definitely a 'some day' gun, though.
    As much as I like the PPQ, I believe you are making the right choices. The Glock 19 is a fine gun which has been around a long time. Because of that and its excellent reputation it is the standard by which all other 15-round strikers are judged. Although I think the PPQ and a select few others have advantages over the G19, those advantages are subtle rather than major. If I could only have one 9mm polymer striker and that one had to be a Glock 19, I would not be disappointed.

You are using your money wisely. "Shooting" is more important than just "having". Ammunition allows you to do that. Better to have ammo and actually shoot your G19 than just having a new PPQ that you can't afford to shoot as much.

I've been where you are and I'm sure lots of other posters on this board have been also. As you go through time, your financial position will likely improve and you can buy that PPQ.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Helix12; 08-19-16 at 16:51.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345