Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AKOU Radical Firearms failure at 4310 rounds

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At $700 a case, the rifle fired nearly 6 times its purchase cost in ammo....Seems reasonable...
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Well, of course, there's that.

But I was just curious to know if anyone is aware of any improvement in RF QC or reputation, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I wanted to ask since this thread ended in April of 2017 if there has been any perceived improvement in Radical Firearms, or not. I saw Primary Arms is selling the RF-15 for $524. Reading through this thread it would seem to me that the rifle that Robski was reviewing that failed just needed a new BCG, so if the BCG had been replaced with, say, a BCM BCG, would it have failed? Given the current situation, that price point of $524 seems pretty attractive, so I thought I would ask.
    $500 is a good chunk of change to me, far too much to throw away...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Any AR that I own may potentially be called upon to be used to defend myself and/or loved ones. It would be a bad habit to rely on "hope" as a strategy, when it comes to weapons reliability.

I would rather own fewer firearms of higher quality, than a bunch of bargain basement "just as good as" (but never really are) cheap knockoffs.

One Colt, BCM, etc is worth more than a dozen Bear Creek-Radical-PSAs..
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Any AR that I own may potentially be called upon to be used to defend myself and/or loved ones. It would be a bad habit to rely on "hope" as a strategy, when it comes to weapons reliability.

I would rather own fewer firearms of higher quality, than a bunch of bargain basement "just as good as" (but never really are) cheap knockoffs.

One Colt, BCM, etc is worth more than a dozen Bear Creek-Radical-PSAs..
    Na man, you're just paying for a rollmark, fit and finish is there, it has run flawlessly for 12 years and 700 rounds, it's just as good as <insert real weapon>, My Colt came with a canted muzzle devise.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    With Colt OEMs bring had for 700 bucks I'm not seeing the point here.
    If made to military specifications, these are at least guaranteed to make it to 6,000 rounds . . .

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I had a lady bring her brand new Radical out to an intro class last week. She had multiple FTEs. We fired less than 100 rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456