Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45's for the Bureau of Engraving and Printing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Isn't the M&P striker fired?
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Guess they'll have to clarify the meaning of "double action" in that case.
    A striker-fired design can be double action.

With the solicitation specifying "double action", the XD and M&P would seemingly be ineligible, though, as both are mechanically SA.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    ...Now that the gun is selected, they put out an "OR EQUAL" solicitation...
    I was largely just highlighting the irony of the obfuscatory manner in which such things are done, but of course, I am persuaded that you are entirely correct.

Chief
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Interesting how the solicitation was written, in effect, to read that any pistol of any design from any vendor was eligible for consideration, as long as the items submitted were/are Smith & Wesson M&P .45s.

Chief

A long time ago I figured out that many of the testing writeups were simply ways to get the weapon that a particular person wanted. Sometimes its for the best, often its done for cost, and sometimes its for a worse reason. The larger the agency, the worse it often is.

I've heard horrible things about some of the "Homeland Security" testing, and thats from people who were involved.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Care to share the details?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12