Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomach trimming workout

Feedback Score
    Eat half, walk double.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Yes. But the ab work on a diet will not make you lose weight. Ab work is generally supplemental work for weightlifting. You can't snatch or overhead press heavy without a solid core.

As far as diet. For weightloss the most important aspect is calories out > calories in. Unless you want to lose a lot of muscle, you have to keep weights up and protein up. It's just about that simple. You can eat clean at 4000 calories a day and not lose weight. You can eat 1400 calories of only hohos and lose weight. This is why "push-away" works so well. I

I follow the leangains IF diet, but mainly because it helps my acid reflux.
    thanks a lot for this man.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100cop View Post
    @willbrink, you look really ripped. any diet scheme you think i can try?
    Well, the best question here is what are your goals?

Do you want to be skinny, do you want to look like an actor in the movie 300? Just be a buff dude? Win the strongman? All take different aproaches.

Don't eat junk food. Use complex carbs like rice( I prefer brown ) 5 grams of fat or less or each time your eat. Keeping under 50 g carbs a day works if your trying to lose quick. Gram of protein for gram of carb works well for me when I'm training well.

You could also do just chicken breast or tilapia and asparagus only. Never done it. I hear good things for staying lean though. You might hate life however only eating two things.

Mix in some cardio. Lift. Eat well. That's it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Their really is no scheme has others have pointed out. It's working hard and being consistent. Tracking macros is essential however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Their really is no scheme has others have pointed out. It's working hard and being consistent. Tracking macros is essential however.
    must like its gonna take some time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Eat half, walk double.
    did that work for you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    must like its gonna take some time
    Nothing good is done in a hurry. Crash diets always burn &c. Create healthy habits, else the weight and weakness will return. Unless you're morbidly obese, take baby steps. Learn to recognize junk food for what it is. Whenever you look at food, ask "is this going to help my body?".

Feedback Score
    did that work for you?
    It's an old saying. Basically, eat less and move more. As others have said, there is no magic formula for losing body fat. Heavy strength training may give you a "bump," but the real work is in what you're doing at the dinner table and the rest of the time you're not in the gym.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Working out will not cause you to lose weight. Only diet will do that; you can spend all day in the gym but if you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. Simple as that. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go to the gym, exercise is essential for good health.

I gave up on being big when I f*cked up my shoulder, haven't really lifted in years but here is what I do:
    Don't over eat. Just don't - we Americans love it, it happens at 99% of restaurants in the US, buck the trend. Eat slower, don't eat garbage. No fast food, no sodas. Make your meals at home. I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday - greek yogurt, a piece of sausage (turkey, actually make it myself so it isn't super fatty/salty), glass of coffee, glass of milk, regular size serving of granola/oatmeal/pancakes/waffles. BTW regular size to me means 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 a square waffle or 2 pancakes ~3" diameter. Lunch always includes a spinach salad as well as a cooked green vegetable like broccoli, spinach, chard, kale, etc, plus some protein - chicken breast/1/2 cup pasta with meat sauce/.33lb hamburger/turkey sandwich/bowl of soup, you get the idea. Dinner pretty much looks like lunch. I always have a snack between lunch and the gym - few pretzels and an orange or something.

Workout - M/W/F swim 2000 meters. I was on the swim team in high school and I hate running so this is natural for me. Basically 45 solid minutes of cardio where my entire body is engaged and my pulse stays in the 160-170 bpm range. Tues - combination of other cardio - 20 mins stationary bike, 10 minutes rowing machine, 10 minutes stairmaster, 4 rounds on the heavy bag, plus a little ab and light shoulder/back work. Saturday - 30-40 minutes stationary bike + ab work.

I'm 30, 5'11", 175 lbs and about ~13% bodyfat. Blood pressure 120/60, 50 bpm resting, total cholesterol ~120. Basically very healthy. Can't be big anymore, but I look pretty good and I'm not going to die of a heart attack at 60 like the entire half of my family on my dad's side (fingers crossed).

Good luck to you, I hope you find the motivation to get back into shape and healthy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhr1986 View Post
    Working out will not cause you to lose weight. Only diet will do that; you can spend all day in the gym but if you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. Simple as that. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go to the gym, exercise is essential for good health.

I gave up on being big when I f*cked up my shoulder, haven't really lifted in years but here is what I do:
    Don't over eat. Just don't - we Americans love it, it happens at 99% of restaurants in the US, buck the trend. Eat slower, don't eat garbage. No fast food, no sodas. Make your meals at home. I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday - greek yogurt, a piece of sausage (turkey, actually make it myself so it isn't super fatty/salty), glass of coffee, glass of milk, regular size serving of granola/oatmeal/pancakes/waffles. BTW regular size to me means 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 a square waffle or 2 pancakes ~3" diameter. Lunch always includes a spinach salad as well as a cooked green vegetable like broccoli, spinach, chard, kale, etc, plus some protein - chicken breast/1/2 cup pasta with meat sauce/.33lb hamburger/turkey sandwich/bowl of soup, you get the idea. Dinner pretty much looks like lunch. I always have a snack between lunch and the gym - few pretzels and an orange or something.

Workout - M/W/F swim 2000 meters. I was on the swim team in high school and I hate running so this is natural for me. Basically 45 solid minutes of cardio where my entire body is engaged and my pulse stays in the 160-170 bpm range. Tues - combination of other cardio - 20 mins stationary bike, 10 minutes rowing machine, 10 minutes stairmaster, 4 rounds on the heavy bag, plus a little ab and light shoulder/back work. Saturday - 30-40 minutes stationary bike + ab work.

I'm 30, 5'11", 175 lbs and about ~13% bodyfat. Blood pressure 120/60, 50 bpm resting, total cholesterol ~120. Basically very healthy. Can't be big anymore, but I look pretty good and I'm not going to die of a heart attack at 60 like the entire half of my family on my dad's side (fingers crossed).

Good luck to you, I hope you find the motivation to get back into shape and healthy.
    this is really awesome, making this my life style will sure get me to my dream shape. thanks.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast