Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomach trimming workout

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Ab work is generally supplemental work for weightlifting. You can't snatch or overhead press heavy without a solid core.
    You can achieve the desired results without gracing the door of a gym, though. Weightlifting can and will work, but there are other ways, too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100cop View Post
    this is really awesome, making this my life style will sure get me to my dream shape. thanks.
    Yes. If you can sustain that lifestyle. The vast majority of Americans can't. Failure rates are generally quoted at 90% or greater (50% excess weight loss at 2 years).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This vid is making the rounds and and it reminded me of this thread. It's gotten millions of views. It's not saying anything new or ground breaking, it's simply confirming you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.

Right away, "weight loss" vs changing in body composition is what should be emphasized especially as it relates to exercise, and exercise minus dietary changes tends to have minimal effects. Nothing new here. Finally, the vid fails to mention not all exercise is created equal and you can see they're still thinking aerobics when they say "exercise"

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    ..... it's simply confirming you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.
    As long as you can eat more calories in 5 minutes than you can burn in an hour on the treadmill, exercise will never be more than an adjunct component of a weight loss program. As to "body sculpting", sit ups and weightlifting are important only after the fat is lost. And weight training has nothing to do with that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    As long as you can eat more calories in 5 minutes than you can burn in an hour on the treadmill, exercise will never be more than an adjunct component of a weight loss program. As to "body sculpting", sit ups and weightlifting are important only after the fat is lost. And weight training has nothing to do with that.

I don't view body sculpting and compositional changes as interchangeable terms as seems alluded to above. As expected, RT is superior for retention of LBM, some studies find improved fat loss, and various other benefits when compared to doing nothing and or aerobics, such as effects on REE which can help long term.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    175# and 5'11" at 13 % fat???

Do you have a 28" chest?

I have a wrecked shoulder too from a dislocation being a retard in 2009. I have to lift and do resistance training with it otherwise the pain gets so damn bad I can't hardly sleep.

I was 220# @ 13% fat.

We need to get some muscle on you dude....

I kid, I kid...... Do whatever makes you happy. I used to be 175. Hell of skinny as a freshmen.

Strictly based on my experience, the ladies seem to be way more impressed with muscles than just me being skinny. I think it helps to make up for my personality.....lol..

I'm my experience. I agree 100% with Will. Resistance training makes weight loss happen much much faster. Cardio is great. But it's not the only solution. You really need both. You need good nutrition too.Your testosterone level thanks you very much for lifting also. So does the blonde that wants to fondle your triceps. And maybe other things.

If you don't know what or how to do, get a trainer or join a crossfit gym with decent trainers. For those that lack motivation and knowledge, it can be your saving grace. It was for me.

My trainer saved my life.
    Last edited by cbx; 08-03-16 at 12:36.

Feedback Score
    This vid is making the rounds and and it reminded me of this thread. It's gotten millions of views. It's not saying anything new or ground breaking, it's simply confirming you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.

Right away, "weight loss" vs changing in body composition is what should be emphasized especially as it relates to exercise, and exercise minus dietary changes tends to have minimal effects. Nothing new here. Finally, the vid fails to mention not all exercise is created equal and you can see they're still thinking aerobics when they say "exercise"

@willbrink, thanks for this vid. i will def. make use of it. and will let you know the outcome

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    175# and 5'11" at 13 % fat???

Do you have a 28" chest?

I have a wrecked shoulder too from a dislocation being a retard in 2009. I have to lift and do resistance training with it otherwise the pain gets so damn bad I can't hardly sleep.

I was 220# @ 13% fat.

We need to get some muscle on you dude....

I kid, I kid...... Do whatever makes you happy. I used to be 175. Hell of skinny as a freshmen.

Strictly based on my experience, the ladies seem to be way more impressed with muscles than just me being skinny. I think it helps to make up for my personality.....lol..

I'm my experience. I agree 100% with Will. Resistance training makes weight loss happen much much faster. Cardio is great. But it's not the only solution. You really need both. You need good nutrition too.Your testosterone level thanks you very much for lifting also. So does the blonde that wants to fondle your triceps. And maybe other things.

If you don't know what or how to do, get a trainer or join a crossfit gym with decent trainers. For those that lack motivation and knowledge, it can be your saving grace. It was for me.

My trainer saved my life.
    getting a trainer is a valid option i am willing to explore, though i think i should go with will's direction and and see what the outcomes is, if i am not determine i dont think a trainer can help.

Feedback Score
    This:

I don't view body sculpting and compositional changes as interchangeable terms as seems alluded to above. As expected, RT is superior for retention of LBM, some studies find improved fat loss, and various other benefits when compared to doing nothing and or aerobics, such as effects on REE which can help long term.
    And this:

Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    My results exactly, and I married that blonde.

At 51 years old, I am within 10lbs of where I was when I was 25 and at my prime in my SWAT door-kicking days. The two biggest things that have worked for me are resistance training, and even bigger yet... PIE-HOLE CONTROL. My joints are aging so I am having to tone down the weights. At my age, I'd say the pie-hole make for about 80% of my gains and losses as long as I work out.

If you can't control the pie-hole, you are spinning your wheels.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100cop View Post
    sit ups dont work for me, i am trying to trim it down a little Please help.
    The best one I've found is jogging.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast