Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eotech 551 Battery Life?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DFinnegan
    The battery life for the N Cell HWS (511 and 551) is approxiamtely 240 hours of continuous run time at the nominal setting of 12 (the level the sight turns on at). If you are using older revision levels, E or above (anything produced before Feb 2004), you will see significantly less battery life. The battery life is also assuming nominal environmental conditions. This means that if you are using the sight in cold or hot conditions, the battery run time will change (as with most alkeline powered products). Additionally, the higher you turn the brightness, the shorter your battery life will be.
    Mr. Finnegan thank you for posting. My 551 rev F tends to chew batteries up but I do get three full days/72 hrs from the unit. This takes place over a two to three month period. I do run the optic on a high settings due to the bright Florida sun. I also think it has much to do with the heat as well, sitting inside parked cars, safes, etc... It also gets hot down here on the ranges which are mostly sand. Couple that with the fact the batteris tend to sit inside stores for unknown lengths of time and you get weak batteries. Batteries are cheap and my 552 models run for long periods with good batteries. Overall I'm very happy with EOTechs optics. They have come a long long way in improvements.

Any idea when the 553 will be in full production?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom
    Any idea when the 553 will be in full production?
    Googling it - I see a bunch of places to already buy the 553 from for ~500 dollars. That might not mean anything though.

What's new/different about the 553?
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    Any color you would like as long as it's flat dark earth.

Integrated ARMS levers.

Taller, so it already allows lower 3rd cowitnessing.

CR123 batteries.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoreye
    Googling it - I see a bunch of places to already buy the 553 from for ~500 dollars. That might not mean anything though.

What's new/different about the 553?

The 553 has not been fully released yet. The EOTech has been raised so your irons will be in the lower 1/3. It has dual ARMS throw levers, tethered battery comparment, uses two CR123A batteries and will initially onle be available in DE. Black & OD will be available at a later date.

C4

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I don't think that's worth 500 dollar price tags I've seen but maybe that will come down. To each his own.
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Like everyone else here I only get a class out of my 551 batteries before they need to be replaced. It sucks but now that I know about it I can plan accordingly and have plenty of spares available.

I'm not going to go through the hassle of replacing it because, to be honest, even if I was running my 552 I would still replace the batteries before a class just to be on the safe side.

Feedback Score
    I'm geting around 150 hrs with my 551, but I normally run it with the brightness down some. I use energizer brand batteries and have tried to keep a good tab on the run time just out of curiosity.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score

batt' life

i get good battery life out of duracell aa batts for my 552.

Feedback Score
    on my 3rd set of batts 551

I like this little sight better than the AA models

the 551 sits on my LMT M4 upper wich sits on a bushmaster/VLTOR lower so I got space for extra batts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12