Thread: Tikka T3x CTR

Feedback Score

Tikka T3x CTR

Hey guys,

Just got T3x CTR, but I don't like the stock on it.
    Searched all over the place, can't find what I'm looking for.
    I love how Magpul Hunter feels and looks. Does any one know if any one makes those for t3x?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get a Kinetic Research Group whiskey3 or X-ray chassis and be done with it. https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/x-ray-chassis/

I am waiting for Tikka to make a T3x 6.5 creedmoor with a longer than 20" barrel and that is the stock I'll get. If they dont release that version fairly soon I'll just get a 308 and have it rebarreled with a bartlein 6.5. The action of the tikka is so nice for a factory offering.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, but I know what I want. Whiskey is not it.
    Are you promoting KRG product?
    Last edited by Achilles101; 08-08-16 at 12:01.

Feedback Score
    I enjoy my Tikka T3 lite as a hunting rifle. If I were in your position I'd look real hard at the offerings from XLR, like thier Element or Carbon chassis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles101 View Post
    Thanks, but I know what I want. Whiskey is not it.
    Are you promoting KRG product?
    The Tikka is a great rifle, in my opinion the best of it's class by far.

There aren't a ton of stocks out there for it, Magpul does not make one and I don't know of anything similar to the Hunter for it. The KRG is my favorite chassis, so for me it's a no-brainer to use that stock but if you want something with a more traditional layout I understand.

Manners or McMillan with options would get you the closest, but it will cost as much as the gun.

Bell and Carlson makes one, but I'd just as soon keep the factory stock.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    The Tikka is a great rifle, in my opinion the best of it's class by far.

There aren't a ton of stocks out there for it, Magpul does not make one and I don't know of anything similar to the Hunter for it. The KRG is my favorite chassis, so for me it's a no-brainer to use that stock but if you want something with a more traditional layout I understand.

Manners or McMillan with options would get you the closest, but it will cost as much as the gun.

Bell and Carlson makes one, but I'd just as soon keep the factory stock.
    Love the Tikka, it's so smooth.
    Thanks for the great info.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Get a Kinetic Research Group whiskey3 or X-ray chassis and be done with it. https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/x-ray-chassis/

I am waiting for Tikka to make a T3x 6.5 creedmoor with a longer than 20" barrel and that is the stock I'll get. If they dont release that version fairly soon I'll just get a 308 and have it rebarreled with a bartlein 6.5. The action of the tikka is so nice for a factory offering.
    May be a while, I would pick up an on clearance T3 and have it rebarreled.
    The Element is a nice chassis for the Tikka.

My hope is a standard T3x in 6.5CM, lightweight. I'm surprised they haven't made it a standard production item with the popularity of the round.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post

I bought a 20", wanted a 22", .60fps wont make much difference. When it's time to rebarell, I'll do 22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP, I've owned several Tikka's (T3 Lite models in 308, 223) and will probably get another, though not the CTR. I think the CTR is a great rifle and you likely have a good shooter there from what I've seen in other reviews. Nothing wrong with that rifle, and more than most other factory offerings you see today, that rifle is good to go out of the box with a lot of features that most shooters want (detachable mag system, heavier barrel contour and threaded, shorter barrel length, detachable cheek piece, etc.). The reasons I personally won't get the CTR model are: (1) I'm a lefty and they only have a LH model in 308, (2) they use their Tikka/Sako proprietary mag system--which is a good one--but I want to be able to use my standard AICS mags that I use in other rifles, and (3) I agree with you, don't love the factory CTR stock.

For those reasons, I'm probably going to do a variation of what others suggested here. Get another T3 Lite, which is cheaper than the CTR, and get it rebarreled in something like 6.5 Creedmoor or Rem .260, replace the stock, and add a PTG Stealth bottom metal so I can use my AICS mags. In my case, the more affordable B&C stock is not an option for a LH shooter, so I'd probably have to get the Manners stock which would be at least $600 plus whatever options I add, such as bottom metal. As is usually the case for LH shooters, anytime you go outside the basic factory options/calibers including stocks, your costs ramp up quickly because there are very few LH aftermarket options for stocks.

For you assuming you are a RH shooter, costs should be more reasonable no matter which way you go. If you want to get the B&C Tikka aftermarket stock, assuming you're a RH shooter, you can get that for your Tikka for well under $300. At a medium price point, chassis systems will cost more, but would be better for shooting precision and comps if you mostly plan to use the rifle that way rather than as a light field/hunting rifle. If you go the chassis route, I agree with what somebody else said, check out the XLR element, it's a great high-quality chassis for a reasonable price point. If you decide to go with a high-end synthetic stock, Manners makes awesome stocks, I love my Manners T2A, but they will cost more than your base rifle. For example, my T2A with various options including adjustable cheek piece and their DBM mini-chassis (which is a great option to give you a detachable aics mag system plus a metal mounting chassis for the action that makes traditional bedding unnecessary) was over $900.