Thread: Meal Plan help

Feedback Score

Meal Plan help

This is my first post. I didn't see an intro area so I apologize if I missed an area to do that first. I've been reading here for a while. I'm looking for help with resources to build meal plans and shopping lists. I have a 3 month old daughter and due to my wife's sickness during pregnancy we got in bad eating habits. We are trying to start eating healthy again but building meal plans and a weekly shopping list is proving difficult. It is easy to pull a recipe off the internet but building a complimentary meal plan that doesn't waste ingredients during the week is proving difficult.

Can anyone recommend any resources for building our shopping list to match a healthy meal plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brown rice
    White rice
    Wheaties if you can't quit cereal
    Chicken breast
    Can chicken
    Can tuna
    Tuna in package
    Salmon $$
    Tilapia $$
    Steak $
    Hamburger
    Bacon
    Eggs
    Egg whites
    Jerky
    Peanut butter
    Almonds $
    Cheese sticks
    Cheese
    Greek yogurt plain and vanilla
    Greek yogurt fruit cups
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Bell peppers
    Spinach/lettuce
    Whole grain bread
    Whole grain tortilla
    Fruit
    Various seasoning ( I use Tajin and Chipotle the most)
    Mustard
    Soy sauce
    Wood planks to cook fish
    Avocado oil
    Olive oil
    Pam spray
    Lemon
    Lime

Kids list
    Corn dogs
    Hot dogs
    Tyson chicken strips
    Lucky charms
    Oreos
    Whole milk........

Lol

Bbq or a kitchen, or both. And a cook maybe you maybe not. Most likely you beacause the womenz like to eat like crap.....mine does.....god bless her...

Frozen items are cheaper if short on payola.

Shop only the perimeter of the store for extra points and abs.

Mix all ingredients, learn to cook, don't gorge yourself every meal, enjoy the less fat life.

Switch to Miller lite, drink hard A with water or some low cal. Perrier lime is awesome with anything.

Cook food in batches and put in Tupperware, it's ready even you don't have the time.

Copy, paste, profit?

Stay motivated any way you can. Good luck!

Edit to add, meal plans are really hard. And, unless your a nazi type, it will discourage you very quickly. Just to start, keep carbs 50-100 grams a day to start. Eat up to 1 gram protein for body weight. Google food names and read labels for that info.

Check back in three weeks.

If you want meal plan, heres what I do

Eggs greek yogurt, banana
    Rice, chicken, veggie
    Jerky, PB, or cheese stick
    Rice, a protein, a veggie
    Beer or jameson......mmmmm......caskmates....
    Vannila yogurt instead of ice cream.

Have sandwiches if you want. You can sub in a lettuce wrap for bread if you long on carbs already. Bottom line....Eat less carbs, eat less total, exercise more.

There's an average day for me about 3/4 of the time. Eat 10 calories per pound body weight of whatever you want, assuming you don't have heart issues.Do the above and you'll lose weight. If you don't lose weight eat less, move more.

Notice non of my items come in boxes. Try not to eat food out of boxes all the time.

There's meal plans and programs you can buy......If you want. Jenny craig works, if you have enough dinero.
    Last edited by cbx; 08-09-16 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    CBX,

Thanks for the advice. Both my wife and I have a sweet tooth. I used to be one of those people who could eat anything they wanted and stay skinny. However, I think my metabolism is slowing down and I have a much more sedentary job than I used to. I sit at a desk everyday basically all day. I work out before work but 45 minutes of PT doesn't offset 10 hours of sitting. All the sitting is killing me slowly I think. We are working on getting standing desks at work which I think will help.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you really want to go nuts with this, its pretty simple at the grocery store. Usually if you look at the layout of a grocery store all the shit is in the middle packaged in boxes. Don't buy that stuff. Stay on the edge, that's where the fresh stuff is (like produce and meat). You can venture into the forbidden area for rice and an occasional treat but no more boxed garbage like tv dinners or cheezits.

Good luck, what you are about to embark on is a difficult journey. I suggest making a weekly menu, buying items for that menu, and sticking to it. I myself (well not me my wife) just had twins at 27wks, I think I gained 10lbs stopping at shitty fast food places on the way to and from the hospital. But once you address the issue, form an attack plan, you can execute that plan and succeed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dupe cause I suck at life
    Last edited by cbx; 08-11-16 at 10:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    CBX,

Thanks for the advice. Both my wife and I have a sweet tooth. I used to be one of those people who could eat anything they wanted and stay skinny. However, I think my metabolism is slowing down and I have a much more sedentary job than I used to. I sit at a desk everyday basically all day. I work out before work but 45 minutes of PT doesn't offset 10 hours of sitting. All the sitting is killing me slowly I think. We are working on getting standing desks at work which I think will help.
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with cocoa powder mixed in. Dannon actually makes one that is ready to go.

It's 91% of the goodness of ice cream and chocolate, with 6.235% of the calories. Almost zero sugar, very low carb.

If you like Oreos or candy, still have them. Just don't do an entire line or the whole bag. It's not about giving up the things that you like. It's about not stuffing your face so much that your heart f****** explodes.

If you want, you can still have those things, just save them in your Macros. Macros are proteins carbohydrates and fats. Just eat low enough carbs should I eat a day to be able to allow yourself to have whatever candy you want later.

Save for example, you're a 200 pound guy. I don't know what you weigh, maybe you weigh 300 pounds I don't know. So shoot for approximately 10 calories per pound of body weight per day, keep around one gram of protein per pound of body weight, keep carbs between 50 and 100 grams. If you want those hundred grams to be Oreos, Rock on.

This is just some really lose guidance. I don't know your health or your medical history.

One very legitimate option that you do have is to go get a dietitian. Seriously, sometimes people just need a little help and they are the perfect people to do it. I have a buddy that weight 396, and he is now down to 360 in about six weeks. He has a job that all he does is sit in a car, and he hardly exercises. But he finally figured out how to eat, and he even told me about 85% of what I told him was spot-on.

The diet doctor did a few extra fancy things like giving vitamin B shots to keep his energy up for the lack of carbs, since he was no longer shoving copious amounts of carbohydrate in his mouth every day.

No shame in not knowing what to do brother. But, there is one thing that you do have to do, you have to want to make a change. Otherwise, you just kidding yourself and everyone else around you.

If you can't want it, no one else can want it for you. Just remember, if you're dead and gone because of the few choices you made in your life, some other dudes going to probably move in with your wife and raise your kid for you.

Not trying to be shitty dude. I was a pretty much lifelong fat kid with the exception of a few years in high school in college. It took me thinking I was going to God damn die one day sitting on my desk from stress and unhealthiness that made me change.

All the tools, knowledge, and information are out there. You may have to ask barter, beg or pay for it. But it is all out there.

And yes, 45 minutes of PT can offset your 10 hours of sitting. Unless your PT is just walking, and you ate 3 Big Macs today. You just can't eat 4000 calories a day and not lift like Thor at the gym. It's calories in, calories out. If you ate 3700 calories that day, and you only burn 3100. You have a surplus of 600 calories. Times that by 7 days a week, well, there you go. Physical fatness.