Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator holster options

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Springfield Armory Range Officer Operator holster options

I ended up being the first kid on my block with one of these 2016 introductions, and nobody around here has any idea what holster will fit what is essentially a full-size Government Model with a 3/4 rail. I'm looking for a simple belt holster for woodswalking and range use, not a duty or CCW rig, and I thought I'd try a Bianchi UM84-1, but am not sure if the 3/4 rail will add too much extra metal to fit without an inordinate amount of effort.

I'm wondering if anyone here has found a good holster for this particular pistol that won't require a shoehorn/block and tackle to use.

Regards,

toc

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecat View Post
    I ended up being the first kid on my block with one of these 2016 introductions, and nobody around here has any idea what holster will fit what is essentially a full-size Government Model with a 3/4 rail. I'm looking for a simple belt holster for woodswalking and range use, not a duty or CCW rig, and I thought I'd try a Bianchi UM84-1, but am not sure if the 3/4 rail will add too much extra metal to fit without an inordinate amount of effort.

I'm wondering if anyone here has found a good holster for this particular pistol that won't require a shoehorn/block and tackle to use.

Regards,

toc
    Any holster that fits a railed government model i.e. SA Operator, Colt Rail Gun, Kimber TL will work. I'm using the same holsters for my 9mm Range Officer Operator that I use for all of my railed 1911s.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I use the Wilson Combat "Edge" holster with my Springfield Combat Operator, lightweight, quick, reasonably secure and comfortable. It's kydex by the way, the texture makes it look faux leather.

www.wilsoncombat.com

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    G-Code SOC holster 1911.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Most railed 1911 holsters are designed for that style as opposed to the full length rail, there are very few guns out there that use that. Personally I'm consolidating all of my holsters to Raven Concealment for covert or Safariland for overt.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If you are not going to run a light I would go with Sam's suggestion above. If you are going to run a light I personally went with Bravo concealment and I know Raven also makes one. Most kydex manufactures will have an option for you, just use government railed 1911 or SA TRP operator as the gun of choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many thanks to all who have replied. This particular pistol was purchased with the thought that the rail would not be used for the time being, but might be regularly used to mount a weaponlight sometime in the future, so the first holster would not necessarily need to accommodate a light.

I have never had more than a nodding acquaintance with 1911s despite the large number of them that were available to me back in the day, so this SA 1911 has put me outside my knowledge zone. These suggestions are all appreciated.

Regards,

toc

Feedback Score
    If you go kydex I've found Bravo to be significantly less expense than Raven but are of equal quality.

Feedback Score
    Tagged, to follow this thread as I am interested in the same subject.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Because I wanted something in leather to tide my wife and I over at the local range and the back 40 while we sort out this RO Operator, I ended up getting a "Shootist" holster from Simply Rugged after determining that they could make one for a 1911 with a 3/4 rail. It has a SASS/"Wild Bunch" look that I was ambivalent about, but it has grown on me. Functionally, I haven't pushed the combination, but "so far, so good" for general utility use. It brings the gun in fairly close to the body, and there is no flopping about like many traditional "loop" holsters because the muzzle end is actually sewn to the skirt.

A kydex rig should be forthcoming but hasn't been finalized as of yet; once I have enough confidence in the pistol itself, then I'll make a decision and another purchase.

toc

SA_ROO_9mm_in_SR_Shootist.jpg
    Last edited by theorangecat; 09-06-16 at 20:14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast