Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK 45 $799

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Ok $70 was exaggeration but definitely mid $50s. I've never seen them under $50 till you posted that link

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    You could wait for TGS to get them back in stock, too.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/h-k-hk45...-magazine.html

($36.95/ea.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    All these HK45 deals are making me PB&Jelly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Checked them out a little closer yesterday. They come with night sights, great trigger pull which seems to have a fairly short reset.

I suppose the choice is kelly green or tactical p**s yella. Just have to wonder who selected those colors. Probably the guy
    that loads their mags for photo shoots?

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    With night sights!!! If you got the cash, I would recommend getting on one. That is a great deal.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    Checked them out a little closer yesterday. They come with night sights, great trigger pull which seems to have a fairly short reset.

I suppose the choice is kelly green or tactical p**s yella. Just have to wonder who selected those colors. Probably the guy
    that loads their mags for photo shoots?
    The yellow-brown color is RAL8000 and was the base coat used on German tanks from 1942 or 43 until the end of the war. (The tank crews were given camo paint and allowed to paint the camouflage patterns on their own tanks.)

So it has history. And H&K is using that color for all their 'FDE' firearms.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll have to get back on the sights, has very bright tritium inserts front and rear. Don't know the manufacturer.

The "sand" color does look like it would make a great base coat if somebody wants to hit it with some camo.
    Stand alone, it is almost hideous. Interesting that the color has a history as mentioned, makes it somewhat tolerable now.

Hope your not kidding about the color's history, I tend to be somewhat gullible you know.

Just noticed that these folks also are offering the same deal on their web site. I should NOT be cruising the web while at
    work!
    Last edited by Hart; 08-11-16 at 14:23. Reason: info added

Feedback Score
    I'll have to get back on the sights, has very bright tritium inserts front and rear. Don't know the manufacturer.

The "sand" color does look like it would make a great base coat if somebody wants to hit it with some camo.
    Stand alone, it is almost hideous. Interesting that the color has a history as mentioned, makes it somewhat tolerable now.

Hope your not kidding about the color's history, I tend to be somewhat gullible you know.

Just noticed that these folks also are offering the same deal on their web site. I should NOT be cruising the web while at
    work!
    I have seen some German tanks depicted in a similar color, still doesn't look any less fugly to me lol.

It is a good deal though, especially if you don't mind the color, or aren't afraid to paint it or have it cerakoted.

Feedback Score
    Definitely look closely at the sights. If you can visually see the inserts, they're probably Mepros. Otherwise they're probably HK's glow-in-the-dark sights... which will glow for like an hour or two (depending on how much light you throw at them) but then go dark again.

Regardless, $799 is a great price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The yellow-brown color is RAL8000 and was the base coat used on German tanks from 1942 or 43 until the end of the war. (The tank crews were given camo paint and allowed to paint the camouflage patterns on their own tanks.)

So it has history. And H&K is using that color for all their 'FDE' firearms.
    In American it's called baby $hit yellow. But for that price, jump on it. I have two in black. Love the HK45.

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” China Fences In Its Nomads, and an Ancient Life Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times; July 12, 2015.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

work!
    Looked into it and I was wrong. Slightly.

RAL 8000 and RAL 7008 (the color of the frame on the FDE VP9s) were both used on vehicles bound for the Deutsches Afrikakorps from March 1941 to March 1942. RAL7008 was also used on the interior of German tanks for the duration of the war, even after it ceased to be used as a camouflage color on the exterior of the tanks.

"On 17 March 1941, it was ordered to paint all vehicles in North Africa a base color of Gelbbraun RAL 8000 (yellow-brown), with one-third of the vehicle covered by Graugrün RAL 7008 (gray-green), with feathered edges. To save paint, the areas covered by Graugrün were not to be covered with the Gelbbraun base color. Small items should only be painted in one color. On 25 March 1942, Gelbbraun and Graugrün were replaced by Braun RAL 8020 (brown) and Grau RAL 7027 (gray), once existing paint stocks were depleted, with no change in pattern.

"There are examples of vehicles in Europe in 1941 and 1942 with a two-tone pattern. The most likely explanation is that vehicles intended for North Africa, and painted at the factories, were re-routed to European units."

Link.
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast