Thread: Suppressors for IL: New legislation proposed

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Suppressors for IL: New legislation proposed

New legislation brought forward in Springfield proposes legalizing sound suppressors and makes some good changes to the IL CCW law. The changes were proposed by Rep Phelps, a Democrat who was the original author of the IL CCW Law. With a Republican governor, there maybe a chance this might actually happen.

http://m.thesouthern.com/news/state-...ile_touch=true

Feedback Score
    I am saddened that this did not gain any traction and fell by the wayside.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is this affected by new ruling by the BATF?http://soldiersystems.net/2016/01/05...comment-808035

Nevemind SSD replied already
    Last edited by Ledanek; 01-05-16 at 13:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    Suppressors still illegal in IL. The new ATF ruling removed cleo approval, but still illegal and won't get tax stamp.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Suppressors still illegal in IL. The new ATF ruling removed cleo approval, but still illegal and won't get tax stamp.
    thanks. I guess I'll looking for a better hearing protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    This has come back around and we need your witness slips. It is likely to be heard in committee tomorrow.

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Creat...=1463523605731
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    This has come back around and we need your witness slips. It is likely to be heard in committee tomorrow.

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Creat...=1463523605731
    Excellent. Witness slip sent. Great catch CGS!

Feedback Score
    So suppressors almost became legal... It passed in the house with little opposition but didn't make it past the senate. Cullerton refused to call it for vote. I suspect a trade off will be made next session, hopefully not no-fly-no-buy. Anyways, next session starts in November so I'll be watching. I'll try to post here but you can also check www.gunrights4illinois.com
    -Thomas