Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor height sights... without suppressor?

Feedback Score

Suppressor height sights... without suppressor?

I've had my eye on a sp-01 suppressor ready model. I have no intentions of getting a suppressor. Would the suppressor height sights be a disadvantage or advantage over the regular night sights on the standard sp-01?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't see how they would be an advantage. They're kind of goofy and even more likely to snag on gear/clothing.

Feedback Score
    People run them on RMR guns without cans all the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Suppressor height sights... without suppressor?

The sight picture isn't as nice as my shadow custom but that's probably because I only have about 100 rounds though the P09 and about 10-15k through the shadow.

The only thing I don't like is the rear tritium inserts distract me from the front sight.

They look super tall in this pic but the real life pic isn't that bad.

If you don't want a suppressor then save your money on the sights and threaded barrel. Then get a Sp01 shadow variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kenneth; 08-18-16 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    I got an SP-01 suppressor ready, actually just picked it up from my FFL last night. I don't have any immediate plans to get a suppressor. The sight picture isn't bad, it's just a little higher than you'd expect. Worst case, you could change the sights to standard height if they bother you that much. I love the gun so far and am hoping to shoot it this weekend. Changed out the recurve trigger for an 85C trigger from CGW, along with their trigger pin and trigger return spring.

Feedback Score
    When it comes to the sights: ugly as hell! Sorry but that's my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Gun View Post
    When it comes to the sights: ugly as hell! Sorry but that's my opinion.
    Function>Form

I prefer suppressor height sights even without one. From the MK23 to USP Tactical and now the FNX 45 I feel that the extra height above the slide makes them stand out that much more making them easier and faster to use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For you guys shooting suppressor height sights, how is your POA/POI impacted?

I shoot mostly Glocks with Ameriglo Pro iDots, which is a holdover center instead of 6 o'clock hold. Are you guys holding above the target center with the higher sights?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have used them before but not on any of my guns. With that said a grey suppressor ready cz is most likely going to be my next purchase and it will never see a suppressor as long as I live in nj

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast