Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best security/concealable holster?

Feedback Score

What is the best security/concealable holster?

Requirements:

1. Snatch-resistant !! (More than just a thumb snap....Level 2?)

2. Concealable

3. Comfortable for a 16hr shift

That's it.

Safariland Model 7377 7TS™ ALS?

I guess that wasn't it.....lol.

4. No IWB or AIWB (Client wants the duty gun HIGHLY visible at times (but not a duty rig), concealed and low-profile at other times (all legal and legit).....If so, I demand the holster be snatch-resistant.)
    Last edited by G19A3; 08-22-16 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    I wore an earlier version of that holster with a SIG P229 and then a Springfield Armory XD in .45 for years. Very comfortable, very secure, lightening fast. Concealable? Kinda sorta.

Feedback Score
    There are all kinds. It's gonna be on you to try and decide what works best for you. I've tried Bladetech, White Hat, Crossbreed, NSR, and a few others. They all do a decent job but I've settled on High Country Holsters who I found through Reid Henrichs YouTube channel. He recommended them so I gave them a shot and they work well for me. It's just a Kydex holster with a high sweat guard on the back, low cut on the front and has 2 adjustable cant pull the dot loops. I've carried appendix with it, 4 o'clock, and finally now carry about 3 o'clock with some cant. Conceals well, the pull the dot loops make it extremely difficult to yank off, and I wear it everyday, all day. It's going to be personal preference. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus15; 08-21-16 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    I have a safariland 578 GLS. I like it, but I don't use it for concealed carry. I believe it's similar in size and shape to the holster you are looking at. I honestly haven't tried to conceal it, I think it would be tough with warm weather. The locking system is a bit of a compromise, it's more theft resistant than just holster retention, but the GLS unlocks when you get a good high grip on the gun. It would probably be pretty easy to snatch from behind, but tough from the front or side.

I typically just use it for the range, and conceal with a AIWB holster.

Feedback Score
    20160821_190646.jpg20160821_190706.jpg

I threw on a button up and took these. Concealed better than i would have thought, but I thought it was pretty viable from the side.

Feedback Score
    EDIT: never mind since original post was changed.

But if anyone is looking for a nice iwb....

N82 Pro.

Amazing retention system. You have to apply a slight twist to unholster the weapon. Almost impossible for someone to unholster it from behind you. Scratch resistant. By far the most comfortable holster I've used. I have one for my G27 and one for my G42.

https://www.n82tactical.com/store/

Sent from my SM-G920V
    Last edited by bigboi98; 08-22-16 at 16:14.

Feedback Score
    Safariland has been my "go to" company for security holsters of various levels, whether for duty or concealed carry. I've used various models over the years and currently have ALS and GLS type locking holsters.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Galco Fletch (or FX, if you want suede lining).

It is a concealment-oriented holster with a thumb snap. OWB, so very comfy. I believe my present roommate carried his pistol in one in uniform when he was working for an armed/armored courier service and he was very happy with it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Safariland has been my "go to" company for security holsters of various levels, whether for duty or concealed carry.

This here
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Now that you've up-dated the original post... the 7377 holster is not a level 2 retention holster, it is a level 1 retention holster. It is fast, it will keep your gun from falling out of the holster, but it is not particularly concealable and won't slow down a gun snatch any more than a thumb snap.

If you want a level 2 retention 7TS "concealment" holster (really, the 7TS "concealment" holsters are duty holsters attached to pants belt loops and paddles), you want the 7367. It still won't be particularly concealable, but it will offer the retention level you want in a brand and style similar to what you suggested. Another option would be the Safariland 0701, although I doubt it would be much better from a concealment stand point than the 7377 or 7367.

If you want something that is actually concealable and offers level 2 retention, your best bet is probably going to be to contact a saddlery shop that offers both good level 2+ duty holsters and concealment holsters and see if they will make you something that will work for you.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast