Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol for a steady diet of +P+, ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would not mind the LEM at all.
    Just for the record, I stipulated a pistol capable of digesting +P+ all day.
    I did not say I was going to shoot up my supply of hot 9mm fodder.
    It's too expensive to just piss away, but it will be my go to ammo.
    Pistols were made to be used, would you buy a Mustang GT and never
    go fast?
    I am not concerned if they look used, they are supposed to be used.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I doubt most people here have ever seen the Hirtenberger FL Police TSP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't the Hirtenberger 100gr +P+ for SMG's? To the original question, buy a HK USP or Sig and good luck with your adventure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    I have a very generous supply of 100gr Hirtenberger FL Police and WW 127gr. +P+.
    I like having the best available, but unlike the govt, I bought them myself.
    That Hirtenberger isn't anything special. Shoot it up for practice and get something that was manufactured in the last decade at least. Or trade it out to someone who impresses easily and doesn't know any better.

RA9TA is okay. Modern, major-manufacture service grade pistols will shoot a lot of it. As with the Hirt though, don't get too impressed. It's a good load, but one of many. If you bought it retail, you probably paid too much.

You still have not quantified "steady diet", nor your more recent "all day." I suspect the quantity is too small to matter.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Favorite 9mm defensive loads from ~2008.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...efensive-loads

I settled on the Hirtenberger 100gr FL Police, truncated cone, semi jacketed soft tip that clocks 1400 fps, overpenetrates " that is why the FBI rejected it " expands to twice its diameter. I bought many cases from Kieslers Police Supply in the 80's, still have 7K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Sorry to dissapoint you, but I hope you never have to rely on it. It was co-developed by Austrian police with Hirtenberger so that it doesn't expand in bad guys at all. I have the official specs lying in front of me and can scan them if you want- and can read German. All it does is to prevent ricochetts better than FMJ.
    Hirtenberger 9mm Police Ammo from ~2010
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...mm-Police-Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by lowprone
    Thought I would share this with fellow board members, this is picture of Hirtenberger 100gr truncated cone soft tip FL bullet, it is a +P+ load that exits my Glock model 34 at 1,420 fps. it is very accurate and loud. This ammo was imported by a police supply company in Indiana when the FBI was testing 9mm ammo for service use. It failed the FBI test because of excessive penetration, but passed on expansion, average size in medium .479", passed the deflection test when fired through automobile glass on 30 degree angle. You don't see it around much anymore, but it is very effective. It is the current Austrian Federal Police 9mm service load. I guess if they shoot you over there, that is where they want you to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone
    Yes it did come from Kiesler's Police Supply, apparently they have changed their policy concerning FFL sales. I also understand they will not sell to civilian/FFL entities at all. I bought a lot of it many years ago and down to a couple of cases now. No, I am not interested in selling any, I tried some time ago and apparently it was too expensive, now I don't enough to sell any.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know of standard pressure
    +P pressure
    And specific type of weapon pressure (ruger or subgun only loads for example)

About any modern handgun can handle a steady diet of +P.
    About any modern weapon cannot handle a steady diet of loads specifically made for a type of weapon other than them.
    No idea how long your russian roulette luck will hold out while toying with the last sentence.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-21-16 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    Hands down the USP. It has a heavy slide (designed for the .40), and as mentioned earlier the dual recoil spring.

The down side, the trigger sucks. You have to put a match or LEM trigger in it to make it workable.
    It's true that most modern service pistols are built for .40 specifications to simplify design dimension, materials logistics and holster compatibility.

Though many manufacturers don't recommend using +P+ because it isn't really a standard.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    USP but then you have to find the trigger you like

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    If you want +p+ instead of maxing a cartridge to past its design/safe levels why not buy a caliber that is already there.

Buy a 10 mm or .357 sig

For those who dont know the + means above the max design pressure.
    +p+ means above the + above max.

Buy known good ammo and learn to hit what you shoot

Fyi. Central nervous aka head will kill far more likley than a chest or arm or leg shot.

A bullet/ load that meets fbi to the face will always work better than a +p+ to the leg

For example federal 9mm hst or 9mm corbon dpx or those in 45 acp

There is a reason frames crack from +p and or +p+

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I agree with this.

If you want something above the standard 9mm load then buy a cartridge specifically design for that level. Shooting 9mm +P+ is like souping up a Honda Civic. If the idea is to go fast then you should start with something else.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I know all of that, and at the present state of development there are a good half dozen very efficient
    9mm cartridges that eclipse all but the best .40/.45 .
    You can carry a butt load of them and they take up less room, recoil less.
    Plus I can practice with normal loads.
    I have a very generous supply of 100gr Hirtenberger FL Police and WW 127gr. +P+.
    I like having the best available, but unlike the govt, I bought them myself.
    Sell for a profit, buy modern ammo.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast