Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt Retro(s) Soon ... ???

Feedback Score

Cool New Colt Retro(s) Soon ... ???

Now that we've all been working so hard to build our own retros since the original ones are either too pricey or simply no longer available ... I just got this off of another site. Appears to have been discussed initially back in May of this year. First I've heard about it.

Anyways ... if this causes some of you to not sleep too well tonight for whatever reason ... PLEASE DON'T HATE OR SHOOT THE MESSENGER !!!

https://looserounds.com/2016/05/20/c...7-coming-soon/

Gentlemen ... EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT !!!

P.S. - Moderators I couldn't find this anywhere in here although I'm not always the best searcher. My apologies if this has been posted before.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    You're a bit late to the party, but yes a lot of people are drooling over those. Unfortunately not only are they not due out until next year, but it appears if/when they are released it will only be one model at a time, and likely only one model a year as well. With the Wicked Witch of the Northeast about to become president I'm not sure we will ever get a chance to see them hit the market in time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    You're a bit late to the party, but yes a lot of people are drooling over those. Unfortunately not only are they not due out until next year, but it appears if/when they are released it will only be one model at a time, and likely only one model a year as well. With the Wicked Witch of the Northeast about to become president I'm not sure we will ever get a chance to see them hit the market in time.
    Better to have posted late than not at all ...

First I saw of it so I put it up here. Been to several gun shows since this came out and I always talk to dealers but nobody has ever mentioned it.

As for the Wicked Witch of Benghazi ... she may not make it unless she swears in as the first bionic Pres ... (we can only hope and pray, right?)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just thought I would share some info I just received from U.S. Armament via e-mail this morning about the new retro Colts being manufactured.
    We are involved in the M16 project. However, we have given the primary production responsibilities to US Ordnance out of Reno, NV. Primarily, we are acting as the project manager/liason between US Ord. and Colt, since we have the longer relationship with them.
    The first shipments for these rifles are due to Colt Distribution Channels by mid-January in time to coincide with Shot Show. This is a manufacturing agreement, therefore, all rifles will be built and then shipped to Colt for them to then send them through their normal distribution channels.

Hope this all makes sense,

Jake Nyman

--
    Jacob A. Nyman
    VP Sales and Marketing
    US Armament Corp
    P: (717)721-4570
    C: (717)368-7365
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    AWESOME !!! Thanks for the update.

I wonder if they have any information on which model(s) will be available? My understanding is they will do a run of 1 model at a time with each different model alternatively.

Feedback Score
    2 (67%)
    Any idea of how to pre-order?
    Garry Owen!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-FOURTEEN View Post
    Any idea of how to pre-order?
    You would probably have to find out which dealers will be receiving them to find out from them if you can pre-order. I just sent a message to U.S. Ordnance to find out more info on which models are being made and when.

Feedback Score
    2 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    You would probably have to find out which dealers will be receiving them to find out from them if you can pre-order. I just sent a message to U.S. Ordnance to find out more info on which models are being made and when.
    Please keep us posted. I'm thrilled about this release.
    Garry Owen!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just received this reply from U.S. Ordnance.

Unfortunately we are contractually obligated not to report or promote any details about this program. We understand and share in your excitement for this program and can let you know it is result of our CEO/Presidents lifelong appreciation of this weapon system.

We will be participating with Colt in a Media Day early this month so expect to see some sneak peaks in your favorite magazines soon and program will launch at ShotShow this year.

Best Regards,
    Steve Helzer
    Sales and Marketing Vice President
    US Ordnance, Inc.
    P: 775-815-5042
    F: 805-456-0634
    E: steve@usord.com
    www.usord.com

Feedback Score
    2 (67%)
    Skunk Works....

I'm surprised so little has come out about these since May...
    Garry Owen!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast