Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Lux CMR8 1-8x26mm FFP Tactical Scope Preview

Feedback Score

Hi-Lux CMR8 1-8x26mm FFP Tactical Scope Preview

http://www.gunsandtech.com/gun-optic...scope-preview/

From the released spec, it seems to have better FOV than the Leuppy Mk8 on the low end and about the same at 8x, better than the PA Platinum 1-8x on both end of the magnification. Lighter and shorter than either one. Slightly bigger 26mm objective but not enough to made a real difference in exit pupil at 8x. 3.2mm vs 3mm. However, it has a 16.6mm exit pupil at 1x, that's nice and big. It probably doesn't have a true 1x like the Swaro or the Minox, not sure if the PA has true 1x, the Leuppy Mk8 doesn't.

The question will be: how good is the Chinese HD/ED glass?

previewcmr8_2.jpg

previewcmr8_6.jpg
    Last edited by Tyan; 08-22-16 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
    The question will be: how good is the Chinese HD/ED glass?
    Probably not good.

Feedback Score
    Burris also has a new 1-8x24 in ffp and sfp under $1000 with Philly glass. Probably has Steiner parts. Will have interchangable dials for capped or uncapped as well. For the bdc lovers.
    Last edited by LaserTag; 08-22-16 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    Burris also has a new 1-8x24 in ffp and sfp under $1000 with Philly glass.....
    The correct term is: Pinoy

There will probably be a steiner version of both with German schott glass and assembled in the USA or Germany, coming about 6-months later and at twice the price.
    Last edited by Tyan; 08-22-16 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    It was short for the Phillipines, but looks like Pinoy is too.
    Last edited by LaserTag; 08-23-16 at 00:03.

Feedback Score

There will probably be a steiner version of both with German schott glass and assembled in the USA or Germany, coming about 6-months later and at twice the price.
    Probably. While German glass is better I honestly don't see double the value, or anywhere close tbh.

I really like the CMR8's fov. Best I recall for 1-8. Excellent lever too. Don't dig the reticle as much as the others however.

Sweet mount too. I like the ADM's I have, but the way the rings connect bothers me for some reason.
    Last edited by LaserTag; 08-22-16 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I would love to see a Steiner 1-8 come to market. Preferably with a 36mm tube and a 30mm objective as was done on the Swarovski v8. I believe when it comes to optics, you get what you pay for. It's worth saving longer and buying a quality optic as opposed to buying a bunch of cheap optics.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    Probably. While German glass is better I honestly don't see double the value, or anywhere close tbh.

I really like the CMR8's fov. Best I recall for 1-8. Excellent lever too. Don't dig the reticle as much as the others however.

Sweet mount too. I like the ADM's I have, but the way the rings connect bothers me for some reason.
    It's not just the glass. It's the construction, quality control, tracking, etc. Cheap is as cheap does. You want to buy cheap optics, fine...just don't be fooled into thinking that the juice ain't worth the squeeze in the high end optics compared to cheap optics.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-23-16 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I would love to see a Steiner 1-8 come to market. Preferably with a 36mm tube and a 30mm objective as was done on the Swarovski v8. I believe when it comes to optics, you get what you pay for. It's worth saving longer and buying a quality optic as opposed to buying a bunch of cheap optics.
    That's the Zeiss V8. It's not a tactical scope and it's SFP.

The Swaro is 1-8x24mm with a 30mm tube and also SFP, but it will have a 3-Gun version available. Which is just slightly more expensive than their 1-6x24mm 3-Gun version.
    http://www.gunsandtech.com/news/tyan...potting-scope/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's the Zeiss V8. It's not a tactical scope and it's SFP.

The Swaro is 1-8x24mm with a 30mm tube and also SFP, but it will have a 3-Gun version available. Which is just slightly more expensive than their 1-6x24mm 3-Gun version.
    http://www.gunsandtech.com/news/tyan...potting-scope/
    Right. Brainfart. I was thinking of the Zeiss V8. If they offered an illuminated dot with their mildot reticle, it could be a great optic for defensive use. Sfp is fine, in fact I prefer it in a 1-x variable. The S&B short dot 1-8 CC is sfp too. I would love to see others adopt the 36mm tube with 30mm objective.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-23-16 at 18:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post

It's not just the glass. It's the construction, quality control, tracking, etc. Cheap is as cheap does. You want to buy cheap optics, fine...just don't be fooled into thinking that the juice ain't worth the squeeze in the high end optics compared to cheap optics.
    $1,000 isn't cheap to me. Wish it was...but not for now. You're right though. Although I'd bet some $1,000-1,500 scopes are more durable than $2,000+ scopes. They keep pushing the Burris back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast