Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Now Shipping! Magpul™ Enhanced Receiver Extensions

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Would you be as satisfied with a combination that operates in a narrower span of operation compared to a wider span of operation?
    Would you be as satisfied with a combination with a reduction in durability than a system with increased durability?
    Nothing personal, just questions.
    Tom, you didn't know? IT'S THE NEW THING!

Having too much reliability, shootability, and breadth of operation is a complete waste and should be avoided. Plus, one will save $20-ish in the process.

You need to get hip to the square, dude.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm taking the A5 plunge and going to see if it smooths out my 11.5 BCM (suppressed and unsuppressed).

Right now it has a Blue Springco and H3, runs both ways with Prvi M193 and Federal SOST, but if the A5 can smooth it out a bit more, I'll be a happy man.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've tried carbine REs, rifle REs and pistol REs. I've tried carbine buffers, H buffers, H2 buffers, rifle buffers and the buffer that came with the A5. I've tried the LMT Enhanced carrier. In the end, the one item that has the greatest affect in getting an AR to shoot smoothly, is the adjustable gas block. It's all about the gas flow
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I would tend towards proper porting of a base barrel for a desired combination than an excessively ported one restricted down to work similarly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That would be ideal if you know what the optimal port size is for the chosen barrel length and gas system length is, if you know if the rifle will be suppressed or unsuppressed and if the rifle is going to be suppressed, what the optimal gas port is for the combination of barrel length, gas system length and back pressure generated by the particular model of suppressor to be used.

An adjustable gas block is useful if the shooter ports the barrel for unsuppressed use now and decides to add a suppressor later.

All that aside, after experimenting with different ways to tune an AR, what has given the best results is controlling gas flow and the easiest way to control the gas flow is the adjustable gas block
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-17-17 at 10:00.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Some do actually collect that trending data to reference.
    I prefer dedicated non suppressed or dedicated suppressed porting. The suppressed porting can vary some, but still preferred over a base port being larger than it needs to be to begin with.
    Depending on the combination, you can add action mass and other items when adding a can later with some benefits over the H2/A5H2 baseline, there are some cons, but MRBS isn't one of them, depending on the combo.
    I'm not sure about this reference to tuning, a good baseline does not need to be anything other than it is for it's own intent parameters for overall function. If changes are made to that, then you need to make sure that changes in timing do not create a deficiency in the system.

Feedback Score
    MAG678 back in stock as of Janurary 18th 2020, just ordered one.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N2huntn View Post
    I bought two 12/17. A shout out to Brian Stein.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N2huntn View Post
    Did you ever pick up the ARMS 41B?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score

Apologies for the late reply

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Did you ever pick up the ARMS 41B?
    No Sir, not yet, I have to call A.R.M.S and order over the phone, they stop selling them online due to people getting the wrong one and returning them.

Once I do, will still need to get my .308 barrel to ADCO to get it mounted.

Windham sent me an email I just found, back in December for their 13" hand guard, stating they have some in stock, but I need to call them as well to order one.

Good grief, first the holidays, and now the tax man cometh, so you know what is happening there, the projects just hit a stopping point....Booo

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011