Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appendix carry 1911..opinion

Feedback Score
    I am searching for an SME for a 1911 but i have zero issue carrying a G17 and an HK45 appendix (also smaller guns like a P228 and G19, Shield etc). I am really looking forward to a leather AIWB for a 1911.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Have you written John Ralston of 5 Shot?
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Have you written John Ralston of 5 Shot?
    Negative, I have heard there is over a one year wait- I am willing to look around for another month before placing my own order

Not only that- but i just checked his website and it states he is not taking orders. The message is dated 2014 though.
    Last edited by The_Watcher; 09-25-16 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Try their Facebook.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef15 View Post
    Only issue I have AIWB with my 4" 1911 is the beavertail gets uncomfortable if sitting for hours. Could be the holster, my terrible posture, or the level I wear my pants at.
    Hides great, having the all steel gun closer to center seems to ride better.
    Same. I carry my commander 1911 some days, but the beaver tail is the annoying part after a while.

Feedback Score
    I find appendix carry hard to sit down with or bend over without jabbing. Normal build and stature.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dese 1 year waits doh. Ridiculous to even take orders when you are already months/years behind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrebel87 View Post
    Dese 1 year waits doh. Ridiculous to even take orders when you are already months/years behind.
    A waitlist for anything highly desirable is quite common, and more so when said items are handmade. Doesn't matter if were talking holsters, knives, cars, or boots.

I found mine used, but like new, after expressing interest on another board. After using it for 8 months, I'd say it would be well worth the wait for those inclined to do so. Never hurts to contact John and hop on his list, as I've also heard the wait can be considerably shorter. I've carried AIWB for just over four years, most of that with Glocks in a Keeper or JMCK. Those are both outstanding AIWB holsters, and were quite comfortable, but I'll never go back to kydex after using the SME.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I see barely used SME for sale a couple times a month. Just saw one yesterday actually. Scour forum for sale sections.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    What is the name and maker of that holster?Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast