Thread: More usefull...pistol caliber carbine/SBR or Pistol with RDS?

Feedback Score

More usefull...pistol caliber carbine/SBR or Pistol with RDS?

I have limited experience with pistols equipped with an RDS. I've not fired one at longer ranges.

I have a PCC with RDS but it's role is primarily range fun...though it could be used for defense.

Those with experience shooting both: Is there a big difference in accuracy/time to put rounds on target between the two? 25-100 yds) Obviously the PCC/SBR gives you a stock and cheek weld (depending what it is) but does that make a drastic difference compared to the RDS pistol?

I ask because I'm considering selling my PCC and getting a pistol with RDS (Would be a 9mm Glock) in it's place.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-27-16 at 07:07.

Feedback Score
    having not shot either with rds, just iron sights, I'll give my opinion.

No contest. Adding a stock and foregrip = more rounds on target faster.

I can put more rounds on target with an mp5 than I can fire with a pistol. At semi speed from carbine, it's like cheating.

Sbr will recoil more, but it's still more accurate than pistol.

If you can use a long gun, use it.

All that said, if you don't have a pistol, carrying a g19 beats the crap out of getting stabbed while wishing you had your pcc that's at home
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-26-16 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    RDS-equipped handgun is going to have a steeper learning curve.

Just something to consider.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What is your current level of pistol experience? My vote is 2 cases (or more) of practice ammo over either of your options. But if you don't have any pistol, my vote is a G19 with iron sights and as much ammo as you can afford.

The PCC is going to be more accurate and faster on distant targets than any pistol. But you can't carry it on your belt.

RDS on a pistol is somewhat useful for very skilled shooters or for people with eyesight that no longer works with iron sights. It doesn't substitute for skill and practice. At a recent match I put pistol hits on a 40 yard target with my iron-sighted G17 much faster and more accurately than some other shooters did with their RDS-equipped pistols. Practice, practice, practice. There is no substitute for practice. I love collecting, but collecting doesn't build skills like practice.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty decent with a pistol, including my glock 19. But don't have much time on RDS-equipped pistols.

Like anyone else, I've found the pcc with RDS much better than a pistol at all ranges.
    I just don't know if an RDS pistol really closes that gap or not.

Feedback Score
    If you're already thinking about SBR 9mm, decide on the cz evo or a Glock 17 w Rds. SBR the Glock and throw a Endo stock adapter. All goals met and you still have an Rds pistol.

Feedback Score
    Boils down to what use you intending for them.

I wouldn't say you could replace a RDS equipped PCC with a RDS equipped pistol and expect your performance to be the same or even very close, there's just certain advantages you get with the platform of a PCC.

Now, if you will be carrying the G19 RDS, the expanded capability you get away from home would, in my mind, make a lot of sense to ditch the fun-gun PCC for something you will get more use out of.

Feedback Score
    Also regular ar lower with drop in 9mm mag block. At least you get added functionality out of a stamp

Feedback Score
    Hmm...response vanished.

Anyway, I'm pretty good with a pistol, including my g19.

An RDS pcc (I have one) is definitely easier to get faster, more accurate hits than a pistol.

I was just wondering if an RDS equipped pistol narrowed the gap by much. So far it doesn't sound like it.

Feedback Score
    No comparison.

The rds is a more accurate pistol.

The rifle is a rifle, with all the extra points of contact

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk