View Poll Results: What should I have engraved on the side of my receiver?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • My family Coat of Arms from Spain.

12 52.17%
  • The "Sacred Heart" symbol.

1 4.35%
  • One or more of the military badges I have earned.

0 0%
  • The symbol of the "American Defenders of Bataan and Corregidor".

0 0%
  • My Branches of Service (Infantry and Aviation).

7 30.43%
  • Something that signifies my membership in the Law Enforcement Community.

0 0%
  • Something that links me to my National Heritage.

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New SBR project

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Carlos- Some nice ideas. Can you post up artwork or sketches of any of it to help us make a decision in helping you?

Sounds like a cool plan!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    My vote is for the family coat of arms. I had an AR lower engraved that way when my son was born (as well as with his initials and birthdate), and liked it so much I had one done for myself for my most recent SBR. I'm torn between building Calvin's lower into his first AR for him to learn to shoot with, or saving it and building it with him as a father/son project when he gets older.

"How do it work, Daddy?"

Mine!

Feedback Score
    EXCELLENT project and idea!!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."- John Stuart Mill English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is what I finally settled on. The receiver is currently at Orion Arms getting engraved with the B&W version (right). I may try to color it in with paint pens when I get it back.

The shield's shape is based on one of the ancient Filipino shields as used by various tribes throughout the centuries. These shields were normally made out of wood.

The scribbling in the "head" of the shield is the ancient Filipino script for "Faith" ("Tiwala" in Tagalog).

The top half of the main body is in honor of my Mother and is the top-half of her family Coat of Arms (from the Leone province of Spain). Her Grandfather (my Great-Grandfather) was a member of the Spanish Civil Guard and immigrated into the Philippines in the 1800s basically as a Conquistador.

The bottom half is in honor of my Father. The symbol on the right (White creature holding a sword or bayonet) is the symbol that represents the Defenders of Bataan and Corregidor. The left side (Gold Castle) signifies his branch of service (Combat Engineers - he was in LTG Wainwright's Corps), his profession/degree (Mechanical Engineer - he was the first of his family to graduate from college), and the province in Spain from which our Family name hails from (Castille - although we cannot verify if that side of the family has any ties there at all, the name could have just been adopted by my family generations back).

The cross in the middle of the shield is the cross of Santiago Matamoros ("Saint James the Moor Slayer").

I'm anxious to see how it comes out!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12