Thread: Flaring a Glock magwell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Flaring a Glock magwell.

A long time ago, it seems I saw a pic where someone had heated the magwell of a Glock pistol, then used something to enlarge and flare out the opening for about a half inch or so from the bottom.
    I thought on this for awhile..seems like a pretty good idea. Who does this, and can anyone post pics?
    Also- what are the pro's/con's of doing this?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since the Glock mags are narrower at the top than on the body, generally flares left and right side of the magwell aren't really needed. I try to smooth the transition of the ledge between the thinner polymer on the very bottom and the thicker polymer of the magwell itself.

A lot of folks pay attention to the front and rear of the magwell, shaping buttplugs or adding material.

Here are some pics of a 'Sevigny-Speedway' designed and made by Southpaw Custom: http://www.southpawcustom.com/index....vices&Itemid=4

Otherwise I'd just get an extended magwell.

I sped up my reloads significantly by actually getting the gun in my work space and focusing on where my arms and elbows were during the reload. A friend told me of a trick he had used - painting a white stripe along the inside of the magwell - I see the line as I am inserting the mag - that get the weapon up, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Since the Glock mags are narrower at the top than on the body, generally flares left and right side of the magwell aren't really needed. I try to smooth the transition of the ledge between the thinner polymer on the very bottom and the thicker polymer of the magwell itself.

A lot of folks pay attention to the front and rear of the magwell, shaping buttplugs or adding material.

Here are some pics of a 'Sevigny-Speedway' designed and made by Southpaw Custom: http://www.southpawcustom.com/index....vices&Itemid=4

Otherwise I'd just get an extended magwell.

I sped up my reloads significantly by actually getting the gun in my work space and focusing on where my arms and elbows were during the reload. A friend told me of a trick he had used - painting a white stripe along the inside of the magwell - I see the line as I am inserting the mag - that get the weapon up, etc.
    WOW do I like that! Never saw this before..thank you for posting. Thinkin on it...seems after they had heated up the magwell, they pushed it down over a mold until it cooled. Just curious about it. And the whitestripe idea is superb, Im trying it next range trip. Thank you sir.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    A long time ago, it seems I saw a pic where someone had heated the magwell of a Glock pistol, then used something to enlarge and flare out the opening for about a half inch or so from the bottom.
    I thought on this for awhile..seems like a pretty good idea. Who does this, and can anyone post pics?
    Also- what are the pro's/con's of doing this?
    Forum member "Surf" was the one who did it. At the time he was unable to work on others weapons due previous obligations. Maybe that's changed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Forum member "Surf" was the one who did it. At the time he was unable to work on others weapons due previous obligations. Maybe that's changed.
    THANK YOU! I knew Id seen it somewhere.