Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Trijicon HD front Sight Height

Feedback Score

Question Glock 19 Trijicon HD front Sight Height

Gen 3 Glock 19, I'm planning on running a Trijicon HD front yellow dot with a Wilson Vickers Battlesight u-notch on the rear.

My question is, what height should I get for the front sight to work with the Wilson rear? I'll likely be ordering from OpticsPlanet, which lists their HDs at .185, .230, .245, and one with no height listed at all.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    From Wilson Combat's website:
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Vickers-...ductinfo/669T/

NOTE: Sights may require minor fitting and may not be returned after installation. The Vickers Elite Glock® Sight set requires the use of a .245”tall front sight for all caliber Glock® pistols except for .45 ACP and 10mm which will typically require the .230” front sight. Sights may require minor fitting and may not be returned after installation. These front sights are taller than factory Glock® and not compatible with standard factory rear sights without adjusting the sight height.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Good gravy, I totally missed that. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheLibrarian View Post
    Gen 3 Glock 19, I'm planning on running a Trijicon HD front yellow dot with a Wilson Vickers Battlesight u-notch on the rear.

My question is, what height should I get for the front sight to work with the Wilson rear? I'll likely be ordering from OpticsPlanet, which lists their HDs at .185, .230, .245, and one with no height listed at all.

Thanks!
    Can I make a suggestion on a rear sight?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwsheepdog View Post
    Can I make a suggestion on a rear sight?

By all means. I've already ordered the Wilson sight, but I'm always open to learning more.

Feedback Score
    I did something similar. I went with the glock version of the hackathorn sight (orange square with tritium insert) and went with the I.C.E. claw rear sight. Black, no inserts or dots. After several thousand rounds I can't complain. Really like the set up.

Feedback Score
    Sounds good. I bet the acquisition is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Faster then some red dots. Accurate and low profile

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanTheLibrarian View Post

Thanks!
    Additionally.... FWIW.... I think the notch width in the Vickers rear is going to be too narrow for a Trijicon front. Isn't the Trij like .144" or so? I don't know what the notch in the Vickers Rear is, but I suspect it's around .140 or less. If that isn't an issue, the Vickers fronts are .230 and .245 high iirc. So you're going to want the .230 most likely. Definitely not .185 as that's stock height. And .245" only if you're hitting high at 25y.

Like above poster, I have an Americglo on one of my Glocks, like it. More options than the Trijicon, but where the ameriglo's paint is open to the air, the Trijicon is sealed, that's a better solution.

Feedback Score
    The combo I went with has plenty of space on either side of the front sight for quick pick up in the rear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast