Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro to Radio Communications

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Never heard of them. I ask you this, though - would you order a gun from Hoo Flung Poo and trust it to save your ass?
    Well, it wasn't me asking it was Mr. Davis. However, if I were going to judge based on the name, I probably wouldn't trust a foreign-sounding name like "Yaesu" either, but people here seem to think highly of them. To go back to your firearms metaphor: if I had never heard of "Fabrique Nationale de Herstal" and I only knew they were Belgian, I might not trust them either. Sounds French or something.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    However, if I were going to judge based on the name, I probably wouldn't trust a foreign-sounding name like "Yaesu" either, but people here seem to think highly of them.
    That is because Yaesu is a highly-regarded company with an excellent reputation built up by decades of sales and service. Would you trust a foreign-sounding name like Sony?
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    That is because Yaesu is a highly-regarded company with an excellent reputation built up by decades of sales and service. Would you trust a foreign-sounding name like Sony?
    Point taken. Though I'm no longer a fan of Sony either, it's because of their design and corporate choices, not their manufacturing quality. Also, there's generally a world of difference between Japanese (or South Korean) electronics and those from China.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by st_judas View Post
    According to his post title, the brand is: Wouxun

They're a Chinese manufacturer of two-ways.
    I've been a ham for 18 years and working in telecom for 14. I've never heard of Wouxun.

From looking at their website, I doubt they're FCC type certified. They seem to be gunning for the Asian market.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agreed.

Folks, you can trust Yaesu. Funny name, but they've been making good comm equipment since the Emperor was a mess cook. They tend more toward ruggedized gear than some of the other mfrs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by QuietShootr; 08-10-10 at 17:28.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    And I might add that Yaesu/Vertex Sandard is now owned by an American company by the name of Motorola.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anyone interested in an M4Carbine HF net?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mabey when I get my General Ticket. I am holding back cuz if I get it, I will go spend money on a new radio.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by dsmguy7; 02-06-22 at 10:16.

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast