Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget Rail Gun: Range Officer Operator or Colt Rail Gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Budget Rail Gun: Range Officer Operator or Colt Rail Gun

Ok so I've narrowed my search down to these two. There is a $250 dollar price difference between the two locally, and I'm having a hard time with determining if the Colt is worth the extra $250.

Overall the gun will be a home defense weapon and will highly unlikely see any carry time. It will have a light on it, and will realistically see 1200-1500 rounds a year with range training. I'm also not looking to add a bunch of extras to the gun, basically just grips, a good set of sights, good mags and replacement parts for things that wear out.

I'm pretty new in checking over 1911s but I've handled the rail gun and fit seems ok, the grip safety is kinda spongy and safety isn't as crisp as my current NON railed RO but other then that it seems to be well put together.

I can't find a RO/O to play with but my current one has a nice slide to frame fit.

Internally which would you say is better built. I'm more concerned with how well it's parts will hold up and how reliable the gun will be.

What say you M4C experts?

Feedback Score
    I would go with the Range Officer as they get the same fit as the TRP.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would say that Colt is making one of the best 1911's on the market for the money. What is the cost of the Colt??

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grant, you have a PM inbound.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Either will serve you well. I love my Springfields, and their customer service is great if you need it. I also love my Colts. In my mind the CRG would be a slightly better defensive handgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    I'd strongly encourage you to look at the Springfield Loaded Black Operator/Long Beach Operator (all black version of the MC Operator). I'd say it's better fit/finished then the CRG, which is why it was what I picked when I had to make the decision. It also seems finished/fitted better then the Range Officer Operator. Kind of like Hilton Yam's opinion that the MC Operator is built to a better standard then the basic loaded models. Having said that, any of the 3 will more then likely serve you fine and both companies stand behind their products.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a black Colt RG that I sold. Safety seemed flimsy and gun seemed loose.

Went to the newer model MC Operator and love it. Springfield's CS is awesome as well.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Budget Rail Gun: Range Officer Operator or Colt Rail Gun

I second the Springfield LBO option. It is a fantastic buy for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Somebody say Long Beach? They can found for around $1K on Gunbroker. I got mine for $989 new

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I second the Springfield LBO option. It is a fantastic buy for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I second your second. I love mine.
    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast