Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget Rail Gun: Range Officer Operator or Colt Rail Gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the recommendation on the LBO guys. Anybody know what, internally, is different between the three? Like how the extractors are attached? MIM parts? Etc. I will say I like the finish on the CRG and LBO better then the park on the ROO. Another plus is SA is only a 45 minute drive for me so no shipping would be needed if I had a customer service issue with one of th springfields.

Feedback Score
    MIM parts are fine if done correctly so they don't bother me in Springfield or Colt pistols. There's another thread in here by Ned Christiansen of an MC Operator with over 100k rounds with mostly stock parts so I don't think you need to worry. My big gripe with the Colt is the terrible thumb safety, the huge non-standard rail which makes finding holsters much more difficult, and I just prefer carbon steel vs stainless steel guns.

Having said all that, if the rail doesn't bug you and you think the thumb safety is fine, I really don't think you'll see any real differences in actual performance, both are likely to be very solid performers.

Feedback Score
    Unlike Kimber I think the MIM parts Springfield chooses to use are fine. If there were issues we would of been hearing about them on all the Professionals that have shoot thousands of rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
    I second your second. I love mine.
    That springfield is a beautiful gun. Another option is the sig tacops traditional slide, if you don't mind an external extractor. I picked mine up about 6 months ago for $880 and I don't think you can do better for the money. Maybe I got lucky, but it is my most accurate handgun and has not had a failure in the 1200 rounds I have put through it.(600 AE 230 ZFMJ, 200 Speer 230 GD, and 400 of my reloads ranging from 4.3 gr bullseye to 5.2 /230 gr fmj). I didn't care for the ergo xt grips and added the vz operator grips. It came with 4 mags that all work as well as my Wilson mags atleast so far. They are all great choices and can't go wrong with any of them I was looking for a TRP Operator, but couldn't find any in stock. So far I have no regrets getting the sig.

Feedback Score
    I don't believe in buying clones.

LOL, I have only Colt 1911's but the TRP is on my short list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I appreciate all the feedback guys, still waiting to unload my current range officer before I pull the trigger on another 1911. Not really wanting to take too much of a hit on it, so who knows how long it'll be. The place that had the CRG has a few of them so I might cherry pick the one with the best fit or blind order an LBO or RO/O. Honestly reading here and other places I don't know that I'll get a better deal then any of those three in this price range. The wait continues....

Feedback Score
    I started to compete in ipsc classic division with a trp operator. Won a bunch of matches with it and 3 times provincial champion. Anyways, that gun have seen over 30,000 rounds. Then I tried to switch to 9mm so I bought a range officer operator. I was so disappoint, initial finish was rough, the pistol needed a trigger job and the slide to frame fit is worse than my trp after 30,000 rounds. Needless to say, I sold the gun only after 2 matches.

If you want a serious piece, get the trp and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12