Thread: How long does an acog last?

Feedback Score

How long does an acog last?

Just bought an acog. Anyone know how long the tritium lasts in it?

Just curious to hear from someone that has owned theirs for 5-10 years and see how it's holding up.

Feedback Score
    My unit ACOG's are nearing their 5th birthday and are as bright as ever. But, keep in mind, that Trijicon has for all their optics a lifetime repair/replace policy. So when your ACOG does start to fade Triji will have your back. Not a bad deal, eh? Cheers.

BTW--expect a 15 year life span for the tritium illumination.
    Last edited by LettersFromEarth; 09-06-08 at 21:04. Reason: More information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LettersFromEarth View Post
    My unit ACOG's are nearing their 5th birthday and are as bright as ever. But, keep in mind, that Trijicon has for all their optics a lifetime repair/replace policy. So when your ACOG does start to fade Triji will have your back. Not a bad deal, eh? Cheers.

BTW--expect a 15 year life span for the tritium illumination.
    Triji charges a fee to recharge the scope.
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    About 3 yrs ago I sent back to Wixom a Reflex ll to be checked and serviced as it had two semi rough deployments under its belt. The only thing to come back to me (that I had sent) was the optic body itself. Triji replaced everthing, to include the tritium, at no cost to me. Now, that is just my exp w/them and the next guy may be different but either way Trijicon is a fantastic company to deal with. Cheers. 8-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LettersFromEarth View Post
    About 3 yrs ago I sent back to Wixom a Reflex ll to be checked and serviced as it had two semi rough deployments under its belt. The only thing to come back to me (that I had sent) was the optic body itself. Triji replaced everthing, to include the tritium, at no cost to me. Now, that is just my exp w/them and the next guy may be different but either way Trijicon is a fantastic company to deal with. Cheers. 8-)
    Yes they are good peeps. If the scope is returned for a defect they often give it the once over and replace the tritium but if its sent back just because the tritium is burnt out its around 200-250. However I have found as a Triji dealer that some sweet talking on the phone does wonders

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    I just sent my 14 year old ACOG back for tritium and was originally quoted $290 to re-lamp it. It was returned to me in less than 2 weeks marked no charge. Great customer service!

Feedback Score
    Yeah I hear they do not charge for it most of the time.. prolly if you buy more then 1 ACOG.. I will be picking another TA31F or a TA01 soon not sure what im going to go with yet and then down the line I will be getting a TA55 for a 20" Bull Barrel Build. I know it will last at least 10 years.. after that I hear it starts to fade and at 15 years you can kind of notice it..