Thread: Surefire Socom Flash hiders unobtanium?? $250??

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Surefire Socom Flash hiders unobtanium?? $250??

Hey guys,

I was looking to order some (already pricey) surefire flash hiders to fit my old Socom suppressor. I actually got a Warcomp first because they are available, but they don't fit (thanks). Now it turns out I can't find one except for a few on gun broker at $200+ (one $300+). I ordered one from Surefire, they billed my card, but said it was backordered.

Anybody have any clue what the deal is? Are these things just obsolete so too bad so sad or are they just taking their time?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    THSF shows muzzle brakes in stock (both 1/2-28 and 5/8-24), but the flash hiders show "on order".

Silencer Shop shows 5/8-24 flash hiders in stock. So does Capitol Armory. So does Quiet Riot Firearms.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 09-06-16 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I should have been clear, I am looking for 556-1/2-28. But thanks for the heads up on the muzzle brake. I may just get one for now.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I checked both common thread pitches when I was looking, since you didn't specify.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% familiar with the Surefire accessories, but all those said SOCOM and were not the Warcomps, so hopefully it's what you were after.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The standard M4 Socom suppressor adapter has been backordered with surefire for some time- I've had several on back order with them for a couple months

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What flash hider are you talking about? The standard commercial 3 prong or the SOCOM SOPMOD 4 prong that is not sold commercially?

What do you mean by your "old SOCOM suppressor"?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    All socom mounts fit all socom cans. The legacy mounts are different (fa556).
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-07-16 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It took me several weeks to find the legacy SF 212 and 215 for the FA-556 suppressor. I was able to get them new from Noveske (not sure if they have more) and a LGS in Weatherford, TX, Lone Star Gallery, was able to order one for me.

http://www.lonestargunsgallerygear.com/

NC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a new in package Surefire 5.56 Socom flash hider for sale if anyone wants it.