Thread: 9MM Yankee Hill Machine Cobra M2 Question

Feedback Score

9MM Yankee Hill Machine Cobra M2 Question

So i have a YHM 9mm cobra M2 that has a Neilson device for handguns. I want to use it also for a fixed barrel AR in 9mm. I called Yankee Hill Machine and they do not offer a fixed barrel adaptor or three lug adaptor for my older suppressor. I have read that the Gemtech three lug adaptor and some of there other adaptors are the same thread pattern and will work on my suppressor. Has anyone here done this with there YHM suppressor?

Feedback Score
    Not sure about Yankee Hill but in my AAC suppressors you do not change out the Neilson device for fixed barrels. You just remove the spring and replace it with a "solid" sleeve. Don't know if this helps but you may want to do a Google search for solid sleeves for your brand suppressor.

Feedback Score
    They offer a fixed barrel adaptor for there new suppressors which is nothing but a sleeve that prevents the piston from moving on fixed barrels. I was told by YHM that it would not work on my older Cobra M2. The google search that i turned up everyone said i have to have one made or use the Gemtech mounts. I just want to know if anyone here has done this and if it works properly. Don't want to screw up my suppressor.

Feedback Score
    I've never messed with a Cobra, but if they're like most cans you can swap the spring for a fixed barrel spacer as mentioned above. Lots of DIY options for that.

If you find out the other brands don't fit, let me know. I have a local machinist here that can probably make you one if you can send him the booster to measure length and thread pitch.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 09-07-16 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    Todd with TBA Suppressors is right down the street from me. I talked to him on the phone and he will make me a fixed barrel adaptor for $45.00. What i want to know, has anybody here ever tried using the Gemtech three lug adaptor on a YHM Cobra. I like the fast attach option.

Feedback Score
    It is funny to me to come across this post because just last week we decided to bring back (due to customer requests) several fixed barrel adapter sleeves that have been obsolete for some time. These sleeves slip over the pistons after the spring is removed.

We now have a fixed barrel adapter sleeve for the original Cobra sound suppressors. If your suppressor has a C9, C40, or a C45 followed by four digits buy the YHM-9771 adapter.

We are also offering a fixed barrel adapter sleeve for the Cobra M2. If your suppressor has a C9, C40, or a C45 followed by five digits buy the YHM-9871 adapter.

At a cost of $20.00 they are easily affordable. Both of these parts are now available but not posted on our web site yet. You can call into our sales office toll free at 877-892-6533, press 1 for sales.

Thank you for buying YHM products, Paul Tetreault, Plant Manager

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YHMOfficial View Post
    It is funny to me to come across this post because just last week we decided to bring back (due to customer requests) several fixed barrel adapter sleeves that have been obsolete for some time. These sleeves slip over the pistons after the spring is removed.

We now have a fixed barrel adapter sleeve for the original Cobra sound suppressors. If your suppressor has a C9, C40, or a C45 followed by four digits buy the YHM-9771 adapter.

We are also offering a fixed barrel adapter sleeve for the Cobra M2. If your suppressor has a C9, C40, or a C45 followed by five digits buy the YHM-9871 adapter.

At a cost of $20.00 they are easily affordable. Both of these parts are now available but not posted on our web site yet. You can call into our sales office toll free at 877-892-6533, press 1 for sales.

Thank you for buying YHM products, Paul Tetreault, Plant Manager
    Thank you Paul for your help with this. I will be ordering the fixed barrel adapter today. Will there be any fast attach options in the future for the M2 Cobra?