Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeking First Hand Experience: Griffin Reece 5, SpecWar K, SOCOM RC2

Feedback Score
    I suppose another option to add to the list would be the Omega. SiCo told me over the phone that is what they would recommend as it's lighter, quieting and can be shorter depending on set up. I had ruled our .30 cans initially.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    An SBR that is suppressed 98% of the time is an unrealistic use/purpose of your gun.
    I would venture to say that the majority of members on this forum who have a suppressed SBR run it in that configuration 99% of the time.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I own a Recce 5, and I have experience with the full size specwar and the Socom RC. All three have pro's and cons, I prefer the Recce 5 as it has the best style of mount for rtz and repeatability, I feel only Dead Air has a better mount for this purpose. The Socom has a great pedigree and may be the most durable, but I can't say it's the top anymore, any even with the RC2 you have report of people getting them stuck on their mount and surefire's CS has been less than desirable lately, also cost is more when my Recce is smaller and more effective. The Specwar is impressive as well, personally I'd look at the Recce of the Specwar over the Socom, I lean towards the Recce as their mount options are better and the size and db reduction is very impressive.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I own a Recce 5, and I have experience with the full size specwar and the Socom RC. All three have pro's and cons, I prefer the Recce 5 as it has the best style of mount for rtz and repeatability, I feel only Dead Air has a better mount for this purpose. The Socom has a great pedigree and may be the most durable, but I can't say it's the top anymore, any even with the RC2 you have report of people getting them stuck on their mount and surefire's CS has been less than desirable lately, also cost is more when my Recce is smaller and more effective. The Specwar is impressive as well, personally I'd look at the Recce of the Specwar over the Socom, I lean towards the Recce as their mount options are better and the size and db reduction is very impressive.
    How much length does the Recce actually add?

SOCOM is ~4" added length.
    Last edited by scooter22; 09-08-16 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    How much length does the Recce actually add?

SOCOM is ~4" added length.
    Its 3.8" added. It's also lighter and rated to 7.5" vs 10" barrel.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    OP: A lot of folks are just going to tell you to buy what they have, and justify what they purchased. Just getting that out there, as your average joe, does not have the time, money, or every can, to give long term useful feedback.

Folks that disagree that Surefire and KAC are not at the top of the list have never put enough rounds through many brands of cans to know the difference. There is a reason they do not have interchangeable parts and mounts and end caps, and 10 different mounting systems with locking parts that change every year. SiCo no doubt has a overall decent product, and most of those products (IMO) are geared towards folks who want a "do all" can. Just my opinion...

People seem to forget about the M4-2k and say that can sucks because of the 51t mount... but how many folks wrote that can off because of the internet, and saying it sucks. Ok.. some folks had latch failure because they sat at home and spun the thing on and off 5 thousand times thinking the latch sounded cool.. Just saying..

I like how many people are saying surefire cans stick on as of late, and surefire is taking a back seat. Come on.. Any can, with any mounting surface, WILL have carbon build up. Period. After so many said rounds, they all stick. I contribute this to neglect.

While the Omega might be a great do all fancy can, it would be one of the last choices I would put on a SBR. It does great for most folks who pass it around on rifles, but putting it on a dedicated SBR is just stupid.

Edit.. I own many of each.. Surefire, SiCo, TB, AAC, KAC, and Rugged. Time behind Reece, Deadair, Sig, YHM, etc.. I am no expert, and do not claim to be. Everything is based off of MY opinion of MY personal experience.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 09-08-16 at 18:52.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Thank you for that reply. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I will probably shoot this can less in one year than a lot of people might in a single week. So finding a can that is "durable" is a non-issue, as I assume any top name can on the market today is "durable". In regards to the Omega, it's funny you should actually say that. I spoke with SiCo direct, Capital Armory and my local NFA dealer and all seemed to agree that the Omega would probably be better for my situation.

Obviously, not everyone will agree, but just to further this discussion, why do you vote against an Omega on an SBR?

Feedback Score
    Durability

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    While that initially seemed to be a potential concern with the materials, the most recent stuff I am able to get my hands on seems to refute that. Any first hand experiences/accounts showing durability issues?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 68whiskeyncoke View Post
    Thank you for that reply. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I will probably shoot this can less in one year than a lot of people might in a single week. So finding a can that is "durable" is a non-issue, as I assume any top name can on the market today is "durable". In regards to the Omega, it's funny you should actually say that. I spoke with SiCo direct, Capital Armory and my local NFA dealer and all seemed to agree that the Omega would probably be better for my situation.

Obviously, not everyone will agree, but just to further this discussion, why do you vote against an Omega on an SBR?

When these things become like transferable machineguns, you will wish you had a durable can.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast