Thread: Surefire Socom 762-RC2

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Surefire Socom 762-RC2

Has anybody shot or purchased one of these? Upgrading my YHM direct thread can for my bolt gun and leaning towards this one. Are their any better options out there?

I have searched high and low with no reviews on this can, just the 762-RC

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Some more reading led me to a thunderbeast cb9. Has anybody ever seen a thunderbeast work loose on the brake mount.

If you had to get the surefire or the thunderbeast for a precision bolt gun. Which would you choose?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Everything I've read was very positive on tight lock up for the thunderbeast. I went with one for my Remington 700. I also went with the RC2 for my 308AR. Sadly both are waiting on stamps so I don't have any trigger time to report on yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    Some more reading led me to a thunderbeast cb9. Has anybody ever seen a thunderbeast work loose on the brake mount.

If you had to get the surefire or the thunderbeast for a precision bolt gun. Which would you choose?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I have a CB9 (not the new Ultra version) and a SF Socom 762-RC (not the 2). If you are ONLY going to use it on a bolt gun, then TBAC is a great choice. But I would check out the new Ultra line. The Ultra 7 has the same DB reduction as the older CB9, but 2 inches shorter and lighter.

FWIW, the 762-RC is no slouch on a precision rig. I use mine on a LMT MWS (6.5CM and 308). I've taken the 6.5CM out to 1,200 yards with no ill effects on accuracy. If you plan on using the suppressor on a semi and bolt, then I personally would go 762-RC2 or the new 300 SPS.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Ordered the 762-RC2 this afternoon from silencershop. Now with 41f I have to get prints and photos done... Now the wait begins.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfireman View Post
    Ordered the 762-RC2 this afternoon from silencershop. Now with 41f I have to get prints and photos done... Now the wait begins.
    Good choice. I feel the TBAC would have limited your use in the future. Now you can justify getting an AR10!
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.