Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat 1911 in 45 acp

Feedback Score

Wilson Combat 1911 in 45 acp

I am getting ready to purchase a Wilson combat. My two choices are Vickers Elite and Tactical carry, both full size. My question is which would be better for a carry gun ? Anyone carry either of these ?

Feedback Score
    No, I don't have either of these.
    My three 1911 5" guns, any of which I'll carry.
    Looking at the Wilson-Combat website:
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/tactical-carry/
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/vickers-elite/

the main differences, from what I gather, are detail/styling/personal preference/color items.

If you can, buy both, but I think you'll just have to try to envision which one you'll prefer carrying on a daily basis. The listed weight difference of .1 oz won't even be felt and they're both full-size 5" guns. Either should carry and feel identical while carrying.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    You might want to take a look at the Hackathorn Special. It seems like it checks all the blocks your looking for and Wilson has a few in stock right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Looks like two high end government model guns with very slight differences in terms of carry. You likely won't know the difference once it's in your holster so buy the one you enjoy looking at more.

Feedback Score
    it's purely a preference of aesthetics. Personally, I like the Hack better, but that's because I don't care for the wider spaced cocking serrations on the Vickers model. That, and while I really like LAV, his name is posted everywhere on that gun. Wilson is already bad enough about that as is. Again, just preferences.

Here's the thing about WC 1911's, they're all built in the same way (excluding Supergrades), to the same mechanical standards with the same parts quality. So, a Hackathorn, a Tactical Carry, and a Vickers are all simply gussied up CQB's. The more you fluff it, the more expensive it gets. Take away Ball cuts, Carry Cuts, fluted chambers, Top and Rear slide serrations, round butt, mag wells, you get the picture.... you're left with a CQB.

Just decide on how snazzy you want your CQB to be. I have a CQB Elite 45 and Compact Carry Professional 9mm. I like the fluff.
    Last edited by straitR; 09-14-16 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Look at the cqb and cqb elite also.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Guys:

In another forum he posted that he made up his mind and ordered the Tactical Carry.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Guys:

In another forum he posted that he made up his mind and ordered the Tactical Carry.
    Yes, I was just getting ready to post that I ordered a Tactical Carry 45acp in all black.

Feedback Score
    I still think the CQB is the way to go. I ordered it plain jane without the logos.

Feedback Score
    Good choice, although I own the Vicker's Elite and it's an awesome gun as well. Ultimately, I prefer carrying my Wilson Protector Compact. I shoot it better too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast