Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replace 10" KMR Alpha - Which M-Lok rail?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Replace 10" KMR Alpha - Which M-Lok rail?

I have three BCM uppers with the 10" KMR alpha and I've got the fever for the flavor of the Pringles, err M-Lok with one of these uppers after messing with a buddies M-Lok setup.

What to buy? I like the seven sided shape of the KMR a lot so am looking for something as close as possible in M-Lok. I may or may not swap the gas block at the same time to an adjustable since my Griffin Recce 5 gets out of jail soon.

I was going to get the Geissele MK8 but it is just a little heavier and chunkier than the KMR. At least from what I've read.. Nobody local to me sells them.

Another option is the 10.5 Midwest Industries rail.. Not sure if it will allow enough clearance for the suppressor but they make a 9 inch model also. My local armorer loves them but I don't see much comment on them online one way or the other.

I would consider the new 10" URX4 but according to KAC website it is heavy as hell and you've got that whole proprietary barrel nut that requires a $150 wrench. So, yeahhh.

Any thoughts from the brain trust?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just did the midwest lw g3 mlok rail. What is your barrel? I love the MW because i can use the magpul surefire tape switch mount at 12 oclock.

The mw seems to work fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is a factory 11.5 BFH BCM upper. The muzzle device is the Griffin mini brake.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The SLR Ion has that same sort of 7 sided profile. I just put an 11" Solo Lite on a 12.5" and it's a pretty darn nice rail IMO....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is my midwest rig. A 10.5 barrel is under the rail, and a 12" has an inch of proud.

12"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I went with an 8.5" URX4 M-LOK on my 300BO and a 14.5" URX4 M-LOK on my 16" Recce carbine . Installation was pretty straight forward and the best part was not having to torque a barrel nut.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any downsides to the Midwest rails? I thought awhile back I saw complaints that they didn't adequately prevent turning of the barrel nut with their design if the rail got beaten on.

Feedback Score
    ALG Defense MLOK EMR. They're very affordable and have solid lock up and very well machined.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    ALG Defense MLOK EMR. They're very affordable and have solid lock up and very well machined.

ALG makes good stuff, just not a fan of the cylindrical "round rail" shape.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I also recommend the ALG defense Mlok rails, they're very affordable, and have a great barrel nut and rail attachment method.
    Sorry was typing this while you responded.
    Last edited by masenomics; 08-23-16 at 14:04.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast