Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC45 or HK MP-5 40S&W/10mm SBR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

B&T APC45 or HK MP-5 40S&W/10mm SBR?

I have thought about a 45ACP SBR off-and-on for years. Then I started thinking about a 40S&W/10mm HK MP-5SD clone with a non-ported barrel and now I learn about the B&T APC45 which should come to our shores sometime soon (hopefully before SHOT SHOW).

I am a little reserved on the APC45 except for the fact it looks like the best option for a good 45ACP PDW/SMG sized SBR. The downside is it would be a relatively rare beast so, parts and accessories are a concern for long term support. While a 40S&W/10mm MP-5 SBR isn't exactly common, it does appear to have a superior parts and support infrastructure system.

I'm not worried about a Zombie apocalypse or SHTF type scenarios and just want something I can use in trees (short length), out of a Side-by-Side, and similar scenarios with enough knockdown to kill a feral hog close in if I have to (normally I would have a rifle in hand if I thought feral hogs or cow chasing dogs were around). This makes me prefer a 10mm option for deeper penetration but, a 45ACP is a whole lot easier to suppress (lots of factory options) and ammunition is easy and cheap to find. There is a strong argument for a 40S&W as well.

What modern compact PDW or SMG sized SBR would you pick and why if a 9mm MP-5 SBR was not an option?

TIA,
    Sid

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    UMP45

Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    B&T APC45

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    MP-5/10mm for the win!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    UMP45

Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The UMP, like a G-36, just doesn't appeal to me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Full auto, and not suppressed: 10mm MP5.

Suppressed and semi: I would definitely lean towards the BT 45 over anything 10mm for the reasons you stated.

I personally own a CZ EVO scorpion SBR, and really enjoy it for being a sub 1K 9mm PDW/plinker... I also have a couple 300blk SBRs which are my HOG/HD guns.

I really wish the Sig MPX did 45 and 9mm. That would have been really tempting.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    For killing pigs, there are better SBRs than pistol caliber.

Blowback is not the way forward. If you want blowback, get an Uzi. Roller locked gun are pretty magical with pistol calibers, and if you want to stick with pistol caliber, an roller lock is hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    B&T APC45, no contest. It is very smooth shooting and very simple, with few parts to break. I've had the opportunity to shoot a full auto APC45 and it is fantastic. APC45 (and 9) pistols are already being imported and are available through stocking B&T dealers. Nick at Spartan Hoplite Arms in TX is a member here and a stocking B&T dealer. He also has great prices and is a great guy.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 09-13-16 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    I have thought about a 45ACP SBR off-and-on for years. Then I started thinking about a 40S&W/10mm HK MP-5SD clone with a non-ported barrel and now I learn about the B&T APC45 which should come to our shores sometime soon (hopefully before SHOT SHOW).

I am a little reserved on the APC45 except for the fact it looks like the best option for a good 45ACP PDW/SMG sized SBR. The downside is it would be a relatively rare beast so, parts and accessories are a concern for long term support. While a 40S&W/10mm MP-5 SBR isn't exactly common, it does appear to have a superior parts and support infrastructure system.

I'm not worried about a Zombie apocalypse or SHTF type scenarios and just want something I can use in trees (short length), out of a Side-by-Side, and similar scenarios with enough knockdown to kill a feral hog close in if I have to (normally I would have a rifle in hand if I thought feral hogs or cow chasing dogs were around). This makes me prefer a 10mm option for deeper penetration but, a 45ACP is a whole lot easier to suppress (lots of factory options) and ammunition is easy and cheap to find. There is a strong argument for a 40S&W as well.

What modern compact PDW or SMG sized SBR would you pick and why if a 9mm MP-5 SBR was not an option?

TIA,
    Sid

The B&T APC is about as good as it gets for a pistol caliber gun. Parts and support are 100% available now with B&T having a facility in Florida now.

We currently have the guns and mags in stock: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...n&key=BT-36018

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 09-13-16 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The B&T APC is about as good as it gets for a pistol caliber gun. Parts and support are 100% available now with B&T having a facility in Florida now.

We currently have the guns and mags in stock: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...n&key=BT-36018

C4
    Grant, that's an excellent price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast