Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B&T APC45 or HK MP-5 40S&W/10mm SBR?

Feedback Score
    It is a good price, and it's tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    It is a good price, and it's tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't overthink it - give in to the temptation.

Feedback Score
    Is the 3-lug on the B&T a standard 3-lug that would take my Obsidian? Just want to make sure it isn't specific to B&T cans.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Is the 3-lug on the B&T a standard 3-lug that would take my Obsidian? Just want to make sure it isn't specific to B&T cans.
    Standard to the best of my knowledge.

C4

Feedback Score
    I have an MP5/40 as well as several 9mm variants. I'd run far away from any non-9mm MP5. IME, the 40/10mm guns are extremely ammo sensitive requiring multiple locking pieces for different weight bullets. The gun will refuse to run without the correct locking piece. Mags are also expensive. Mine sits in the safe 99% of the time.

If you want a PDW type package, why not consider a 300BLK AR or if you want an HK/something more exotic look at the HK53. I use my 53 for similar purposes as you and have taken quite a few pigs with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 300BO currently wearing a 12" barrel and a Mini-Uzi. I want less than an SBR and more than a PDW 9mm in a modern format (i.e. not looking to convert an Uzi for example). That's why the 45ACP and 10mm PDW options look attractive to me.

Regarding locking pieces and bullet issues, for 10mm MP-5's for example, once I found a good combination in a 10mm Glock and an MP-5 I would be using that ammunition almost exclusively (most likely handloads). 45ACP out of a handgun has been a bit underwhelming with nasty mean hogs though so, I am slightly enamored with a 10mm over a 45ACP solution.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Own / Owned / Shot: MP5, MK5-K, MPX, 9mm ARs, B&T TP9 SBR, Uzi , APC9, UMP, lots of others.

lol at UMP, stupid price, huge, ton of recoil, not even close to good value.

No to MP5-40... special snowflake on top of special snowflake. And I love my MP5 9mm.

There is really only one option in the 45acp dept right now, the B&T. There is that LWRC that doesn't exist, but I'm pretty skeptical on that thing still. The MPX in 40 or 357 could be cool if you were into that over 9mm for some reason but the 9mm already suppresses so poorly that I just don't like that gun. I'd say get the B&T. Esp if there was a 9mm kit for it!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    I have thought about a 45ACP SBR off-and-on for years. Then I started thinking about a 40S&W/10mm HK MP-5SD clone with a non-ported barrel and now I learn about the B&T APC45 which should come to our shores sometime soon (hopefully before SHOT SHOW).

I am a little reserved on the APC45 except for the fact it looks like the best option for a good 45ACP PDW/SMG sized SBR. The downside is it would be a relatively rare beast so, parts and accessories are a concern for long term support. While a 40S&W/10mm MP-5 SBR isn't exactly common, it does appear to have a superior parts and support infrastructure system.

I'm not worried about a Zombie apocalypse or SHTF type scenarios and just want something I can use in trees (short length), out of a Side-by-Side, and similar scenarios with enough knockdown to kill a feral hog close in if I have to (normally I would have a rifle in hand if I thought feral hogs or cow chasing dogs were around). This makes me prefer a 10mm option for deeper penetration but, a 45ACP is a whole lot easier to suppress (lots of factory options) and ammunition is easy and cheap to find. There is a strong argument for a 40S&W as well.

What modern compact PDW or SMG sized SBR would you pick and why if a 9mm MP-5 SBR was not an option?

TIA,
    Sid
    What you need is a .300 Blackout SBR.

https://dakotatactical.com/d300/

https://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/sr-30/

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    What you need is a .300 Blackout SBR.

https://dakotatactical.com/d300/

That D300 is a cool rifle but, it also makes the B&T APC45 look cheap in comparison. It does get rid of the buffer tube but, I really don't need another 300BO either. It also moves totally away from pistol ammunition compatibility as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12