Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose...

Feedback Score

If you had to choose...

Okay everyone,

I went nuts over this summer in the NFA department. I purchased a Sig MPX, DD MK18, and a DD M4300 (300BLK). I have SBR paperwork and suppressor paperwork pending. My question is this: If you could choose one, which would it be ad why? My wife says I am an impulse spender on guns (totally true) and wants me to pick one. I would use it for HD and sub 100 yards. Nothing further than that.IMG_5372.JPG.

Thanks everyone!!

Feedback Score
    I'm confused by the question, are you having to sell 2 of these 3? I'd find other things to sell.

Feedback Score
    Sell your wife... A few motels and she's back home with you and the kids(guns).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A suppressed 300 Blackout firing subsonic bullets is hard to compete against at those ranges. I just got my suppressor and SBR stamps and am experimenting with subsonic loads now. As the shooter all you hear is the action slamming back and forth next to your ear. The huge giggle factor is fun when others at the range look at you with a WTF look on their faces. There are several makers of expanding subsonic hunting bullets now if you should ever get the urge to try it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a little confused. You say that you already have sbr paperwork pending. So you plan on selling two of these after you have already gone through the sbr process?
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    I would have to cancel pending forms. Not too tough, it's just a phone call.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The two DD's seem redundant to me. Once you SBR an AR lower, you can use whatever upper afterwards. I'd keep the 300BLK since you plan on getting suppressors. The MPX was designed as an SBR and would feel totally different from the AR.

If I had the choice, I'd sell the Mk18 and figure out a way to keep the other two.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    300 blk IMHO.

The MPX for the second vote as you can always buy another 5.56 upper later.

I personally would keep both SBR'd AR lowers and the MPX. Sell the MK18 upper and some other hobby items you no longer use (kayak, fishing gear, camping gear, MTB, guitars etc.) You WILL regret selling guns.... especially on an election year. As long as the bills are being paid, wait at least another couple months when the panic starts up again.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Keep the 5.56 gun.

Or explain to your wife the money you get back from selling the other 2 will just end up going to a Tax Stamp, Optics, a .300 BLK upper, a suppressor, NVG's and a DBAL and convince her to keep all 3!

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Keep everything. You will regret selling/cancelling them. You may not have the opportunity later on. Work overtime, sell lemonade, or cut grass to make up the difference.

You bought them because you wanted them, and everything you want is quality stuff. Tell the wife to pound sand.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast