Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knight's question

Feedback Score

Knight's question

Just got a Mod 2 carbine and would like to have it Cerakoted. Looked to see if Knight's themselves did it but it doesn't appear that they do custom stuff. The URX4 rail looks like it can be a real PIA to remove/install, especially with the new gas system that uses a collar.

Is there anyone certified or that regularly works on Knight's weapons that can undertake the Cerakote job? With what I spent on it I don't want Billy Bob's Refinishing Service to even touch the gun!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    boltcarrier.com, Ayan specializes in KAC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    boltcarrier.com, Ayan specializes in KAC.
    +1 For Boltcarrier.com. Top notch service with attention to detail.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just had a lot of work done by BC.

When it comes to KAC work, Ayan is the way to go; period.

Feedback Score
    Only thing I notice is that he only does flat dark earth. I was kind of wanting it to be Cerakoted the same colors as it came from the factory, i.e. anything steel a manganese color and the aluminum a black color. I want it first and foremost as a protective coating from corrosion, scratches a distant second. I haven't ever really jumped on the FDE train.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    boltcarrier for sure

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not knocking your choice, I've had a few guns redone in cerakote, but why not stick with the hard coat anodizing? Only places I've seen corrosion even on badly neglected ARs is on springs, BCGs, maybe barrels or sights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did a KAC M110K1ish build and had it cerakoted by a guy known to me and it has held up well, but he cerakoted my stuff before I had the URX professionally assembled.

Boltcarrier for sure if you don't know exactly who you are dealing with and need URX installation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tostado22 View Post
    Not knocking your choice, I've had a few guns redone in cerakote, but why not stick with the hard coat anodizing? Only places I've seen corrosion even on badly neglected ARs is on springs, BCGs, maybe barrels or sights
    That is my main concern. The barrel is basically unreachable with what is necessary to remove the updated gas system and special wrench to remove the URX4 handguard. I'd like to essentially have some corrosion resistance where I can't physically reach the surface to clean it or even wipe it off. I spoke to Ayan today and he is going to price me just removing the handguard and Cerakoting the barrel and gas block parts black, nothing else.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Cool man! In that case Ayan's the man. Let us know how it turns out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast