Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Need some help on BCM markings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No no I got it, i'm just showing that mine isn't the case that's all.

No you misunderstood. I'm simply showing that mine doesn't fall in line with with most/all bushmaster that other guys have experince with here thats all.

I am not really claiming that by glance i know my chamber to be true true 5.56 NATO chamber down to thousandth. I'm saying by glance I easily see that it have large obvious leade which 223rem saami chamber's leade is almost nonexistent in comparison. The dimension match up with 5.56 NATO dimension spec isometric drawing and photo of 5.56 chamber cutaway.

Jeez. just take a look at this.
    223-vs-556-chambers-200x300-2.jpg
    Now do you see how distinguishable they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want to start by saying how apocalyptically sorry I am for posting in this thread...it has been dormant for a few days and I really didn't want to start it back up again....

But I was sitting in a local restaurant on my lunch break...eating a burger and drinking a Moscow mule reading this thread....and gosh dang....I was giggling like a 16 year old girl watching Channing Tatum do a standup rputine.

Thanks, y'all. I needed that.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    Aha so i see. Look like you have better grasp on bushmaster quality than mine.

Seem that my experince with few bushmaster have been nothing but luck of draw.

But I still stand by my statement being bushmaster as solid base to start off on. Particularly to their receivers and small parts with expectations of buffer+buffer spring.

Replace barrel and bolt if bolt carrier gas key is staked well. Then buffer+buffer spring for heavier buffer and springco. Then the usual aftermarket trigger and freefloating it. Then you are golden.
    So if I buy a Bushmaster, then replace the barrel and the bolt, and then replace the buffer and the buffer spring, and then replace the trigger and install a free float rail, I'll be good? Sounds like a plan.You're right, Bushmaster seems like a very solid rifle.

Feedback Score
    It seems that smugpepe just hasn't learned yet that it's okay to defend a rifle that works. I've got an XM-15 M4A3. Never had a single issue; outside of a short period of time when I ran some JP Yellow springs. My fault. Not the gun's. I've shot anything and everything out of it. Thousands of rounds from SMKs to those dreaded, ultra-hot, Independence rounds. No failures to eject, extract, cycle, etc. Damn that 4150 Chome lined barrel, chrome lined m4 chamber, chrome lined Toolcraft bcg, and properly staked gas key. Why won't you fail?!?! I know. Sample of one. Right? Yet every time the name comes up there are always a number of sample of ones. Coupled with some critical first hand knowledge, and a heaping pile of no knowledge. What's funny is some who have first hand knowledge will bash them in one thread, then unknowingly give them credit in another for seeing "hard use" overseas. Yes that's happened. No I'm not going to call anyone out specifically. That'll serve no purpose, and I won't change any minds anyway.

Just to be clear. I have changed some parts over the life of this particular rifle. Roughly 5000 rounds. I don't keep specific logs outside of my bolt guns. So, the parts that have been changed.

- Trigger - There was nothing wrong with it. In fact, when I had gone to my gunsmith to pick up the JP springs he remarked on how nice it was for a mil-spec trigger. That it was better than a lot of names I will not mention. His credentials, because I'm sure that will somehow matter. 20+ years as an armor in the military IIRC. Has trained with Massad Ayoob, Chris Costa, and the like. Suffice it to say he knows his way around a firearm. Now, I understand mil-spec triggers run the gamut of good to bad. From just about every brand. After the JP springs failed, I replaced my stock trigger with a Geissele. Nothing was wrong with it, I just wanted a lighter pull.

- Handguard - I wanted some more length and settled on a MI with a cutout so I could keep the FSB. It's been great. But was replaced for no other reason than personal preference.

- Strike J-Comp - It was well reviewed in the Muzzle Break Shootout that I'm sure many know of. I didn't need it, but had the itch to try out a dedicated muzzle brake, and the price was right.

- MBUS PRO LR - I'd previously gone with a cheap flip up to see how I'd like it over the carry handle. I did, so I started searching for a better BUIS. I wanted one with ranging, and looked hard at the Matech and KAC. I could never pull the trigger due to the lack of dual apertures. My patience payed off, and Magpul came out with the sight of been dreaming up right as I'd almost given up and purchased a Matech. It zeroes just fine, 50/200, with my standard FSB. Gasp!

I think that's it. Haven't touched the CAR buffer, RE, BCG, or anything else. Yet somehow it runs. Again, I'm not under the illusion that I'll change any minds. But, at least everyone else with my same sample of one, that works just fine, might avoid replacing a bunch of parts on a functioning rifle for no good reason.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910