Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT308E vs SOWGW Mk10 DMR

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

LMT308E vs SOWGW Mk10 DMR

I’ve been researching .308 ARs for the past several months. This is my first 308 AR purchase and I want it set up as a dedicated DMR. I settled on a LMT MWS308E as the base platform. In addition to a good optic, my was plan to eventually add an a Raptor ambi CH, LMT DMR stock, Geissele SSA-E trigger and, down the road, a 18” SS barrel. I like the ability to change barrels and LMTs reputation for quality and dependability.

A couple of weeks ago I found the SOLGW Mk10 DMR (link below). Listed as a ½ MOA rifle, it uses the LMT enhanced BCG and is set up essentially the way I’d like my 308 to be set up (Raptor, DMR type stock, SSA-E, 18” SS barrel), but it uses a rifle length buffer assembly vs the carbine length buffer system on the LMT.

For those of you that have experience with the LMT 308 ARs two questions:

1. As far as smoothness of operation and reliability is concerned, how does a rifle length gas system w/ rifle length buffer system compare compare to a carbine length gas w/ carbine length buffer?
    2. I can get the base LMT for the same price as the loaded SOLGW Mk10. Adding the upgrades as planned to the LMT will add $1,000+. Is the LMT worth the higher price?

Both LMT and SOLGW have been quick to reply to my questions. I’m only 65 miles from LMT and the 308s are prevalent on my area, so I’ve had the chance to look at the LMT in person. SOLGW is in San Antonio, so I haven’t had the opportunity to check our the Mk10 first hand. SOLGW seems to be developing a solid reputation, but the Mk10 is so new that I haven’t been able to find any reviews on it.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/co...nt=24021615745

Feedback Score
    The LMTs are pretty nice, but heavy. If it were me, I'd spend a little more and get a Knight's Armament SR-25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the LMT and have no regrets. It shoots great and their CS is excellent (for when you over-torque a bolt.) I can't speak to comparing with the different gas lengths except with the different calibers maybe. The .260 is very light shooting.

Feedback Score
    If you want one rifle with the ability to change barrel lengths or calibers the LMT is the way to go. I have had mine for 5 years now and I have no complaints with my MWS.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I went down the same decision path as you did Korgs and ultimately I picked the SOLGW MK10 because I could configure it exactly the way I wanted for less than everyone else. I am currently waiting for it to arrive. Apparently, SOLGW gets in small batches of them at a time and they go pretty quickly.

You definitely can't go wrong with the LMT either, but what you gain in modularity you definitely give up in weight.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm extremely happy with the my lmt lm8 308.It shot crapy ammo far better than I would have ever expected and worked 100%. I paid 2450 new for mine and have 0 regrets about it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is this question a joke?

The SOLGW is not even in close to the LMT.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I went down the same decision path as you did Korgs and ultimately I picked the SOLGW MK10 because I could configure it exactly the way I wanted for less than everyone else. I am currently waiting for it to arrive. Apparently, SOLGW gets in small batches of them at a time and they go pretty quickly.

You definitely can't go wrong with the LMT either, but what you gain in modularity you definitely give up in weight.
    Furry, what's your wait time been so far?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Furry, what's your wait time been so far?
    I was told by kyle about 1.5 months or so. Thats was 1 week ago. Like i said there isnt much info on them because they have made so few so far.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Is this question a joke?

The SOLGW is not even in close to the LMT.

Nope, no joke. Of course I know that LMT makes a quality product that is combat tested. KAC and LMT are the gold standard when it comes to 308 ARs, much like Colt has been with the AR15. Several companies like DD, BCM and Sionics make AR15s that are comparable to or even better than the current Colt offerings. It appears that SOLGW is working in that same direction. Just thought I'd solicit some feed back.
    Last edited by Korgs130; 09-20-16 at 19:11.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast