Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT308E vs SOWGW Mk10 DMR

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had a KAC SR25 ECC, and sold it for 2 LMT LM8MWS rifles. I'm not sure what the market is at right now, but $1,900-$2,500 was the current price point for a chrome lined LMT a couple months ago.

If I was going for a light weight "battle rifle" I would go SCAR H for the weight factor alone... but add a Handl lower to accept SR25 mags.

For everything else (DMR, Do all 7.62 rifle, long range) go LMT.... being able to go from a pinned 14.5" CL 7.62x51, 18" SS match 7.62x51, and 20" SS match 6.5CM within a minute is an awesome feature.

FWIW, I've taken my 6.5CM setup out to 1,200 yards, and had no problem hanging with guys shooting bolt guns.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been shooting my LMT for 2 years now and have only put about 1500 rounds through it. It is my full time hunting rifle and I've shot deer anywhere from 75 yards out to 375 yards and I absolutely love it. I haven't done any long range shooting past 500 yards yet and plan to do so soon. For what little all of that's worth I wouldn't trade it in on another AR type 7.62 period.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Is this question a joke?

The SOLGW is not even in close to the LMT.
    What were the problems with the one you saw/shot?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Thanks for the feed back and discussion. I placed an order for the LMT 308MWS-E. Looking forward to picking it up and getting it out on the range.

Feedback Score
    I have the LMT since 2011. Can't go wrong since you can swap barrels with ease. It's heavy but it isn't a battle rifle. It's a DMR that can be used as a battle rifle but there are better options for that role. I picked up an SCAR 17 new for 2,100 bucks.

Also customer service is amazing. I broke the extractor retaining pin on my bolt. At the time LMT never seen that happen. They sent me a new one in 2 days. 1,700 rounds through my barrel and still hits out to 500 yards with ease using M80 ball. Have to use the better shit or hand loads anything past that distance.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

I finally got it out to the range for a quick ops check. No regrets at all. I plan on putting a Night force SHV 4-14x50 F1 on some time down the road.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix1442 View Post
    Also customer service is amazing. I broke the extractor retaining pin on my bolt. At the time LMT never seen that happen.
    What were the circumstances around that? Round count and whatnot.

You guys are killing me, I was quoted by LMT for a Nov-Dec timeframe for my MWS.

ETA: sorry about that, didn't mean to derail. Thought I was in the LMT MWS setup thread.
    Last edited by tostado22; 11-01-16 at 02:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The SOLGW is based off of the DPMS LR308 pattern which is inferior to both the SR-25 pattern and Armalite Illinois pattern.

The KAC/LMT have all of the kinks worked out of them.

The SOLGW rifles is cheaper. That isn't because SOLGW is doing you a favor. You get what you pay for.
    A favor?
    We shoot these guns to failure.
    If you think there's some magical wizardry going on behind a roll Mark by all means go drop an extra grand.
    I'm not trying to sell you a rifle.. but I am going to explain why you're wrong.

I should have searched our name a long time ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am interested in your rifle, however, there is almost no information as to the performance. Frankly, if I was making a new rifle I would have every single guy I could think of test it and shoot it. Give one to MAC for a review, give one to Mr. Guns and Gear for review, etc, etc, etc. . . . Great looking gun, however, no real information as to its performance. LMT on the other hand has lots of information about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I am interested in your rifle, however, there is almost no information as to the performance. Frankly, if I was making a new rifle I would have every single guy I could think of test it and shoot it. Give one to MAC for a review, give one to Mr. Guns and Gear for review, etc, etc, etc. . . . Great looking gun, however, no real information as to its performance. LMT on the other hand has lots of information about it.
    We're scheduled to send several out for review over the next few months.

For the record, I'm a huge LMT fan.
    That's why we use LMT BCGs in our rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast